Flex time

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Aug 21, 2014 at 9:19 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question, I am fairly new to AZ. I have heard that they other flex time. I was explained that you take a paycut and work less days. Can someone please explain if that is correct and how you can sign up with your manager for it! Being a working mom I would love to have a four day week. Please only serious replies and experiences.
    Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is with the blessings of your manager. May want to check with him/her.

Seriously why would you? Fake it like we all do:)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Generally you need a partner and you split the time of one full rep. Everything is cut in half...pay, vaca, pay more for benefits, pay full monthly amt for car...but still is the best part time job you will find. They prefer 2 days one week and 3 days following week. Is generally considered a pain in the ass for your manager and fellow reps as it is difficult to schedule team meetings or coordinate in other ways because someone is always on their off day.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is why I refuse to hire women any longer. It's always something with them.

-DM

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Flex time is going to be phased out next year. If we are still here.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The FWA program is alive and well! Make a business case to your manager on how you could work your territory in 4 days/week (80%) and you won't have a partner at 4 days/week. Who says they are phasing out the FWA program?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So how do you know flex time will be phased out if we are still here?!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes i just started a new flex schedule. It's a 4 day work week with approval from manager. Everything is cut 20%...vacation, salary bonus. You pay 20% more for insurance and car.