Lay me off already

Discussion in 'Abbott' started by Anonymous, May 17, 2015 at 10:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With summer here and all the other things to worry about, why not just lay me off now? Then I can just enjoy my summer with interviews abound.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're still there? I thought that everyone that isn't an H1B was already gone!
    Maybe they forgot about you?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have patience. Those who work for ADC know it's all about waiting for the next one. If your division is slow it will happen.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was first in line, no line jumping!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got mine last year. Four months off paid vacation and then a new job. No more Abbott politics. Yah!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're overdue at ADC. Good sources in Alameda have said the layoff list, letters, and package have been ready since late January, and every since then it's been "ready, aim, fir.... um, hold", like clockwork, every 45 days.

Speculation is that it has something to do with a pending potential sale of the division or brands: if the sale goes through the buyer gets first rights to interview and keep the people they want; if the deal falls through, ADC finishes sentence above with "fire", and the layoff commences. The deal has been vacillating back and forth for months.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

anything about AV Clonmel?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you from Finance, HR or DW or above? I doubt it. You are an idiot pretending to know
    What you have no way of knowing. STFU

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There, there, now wipe your eyes and blow your nose. Poor dear .... shaking like a leaf, too.

Have no skills or experience at all that you can use to find a new job when you are kicked to the cur ... ah, um, sorry, "given the opportunity to pursue other opportunities". Sorry, I mean no experience or skills outside of Abbott (meaning no skills or experience, but let's be gentile here... let's not tell her that most companies tell recruiters "no Abbott lifers or management resumes").

Maybe you can go put some one on a PIP, and cheer you up?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who is the potential buyer?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where do we get suck morons?!?! This the men's room wall at a bus station... and this where you come for business news and insights? Hate to break it to you, but those phone numbers won't get you a free BJ. God help us ...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ADC will be bought out. Most likely GE because they wanted ADC many years back but the price was to high. It would be a good addition to their medical business.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I'm not mistaken, GE was interested in ADD. At the time I'm not certain if ADC was an entity. But I could be wrong.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They wanted both. But at the time ADC was doing well and growing and MW wanted more for ADC than GE was willing to pay. ADC has the new FLASH products so this could attract a suitable buyer.

I think Abbott will continue to push the Libre and Libre Pro, continue ADC cost reductions (layoffs, reduced dept budgets, etc.) , and put off a final decision until the fog clears.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That Wild Ass Guess will get you as far as a Roulette table in Vegas. SMH!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really. I did work there and this is exactly what they are doing. A little snip here and small chop there. Move the work to the UK. Been going on for years. No sales and marketing left. No R&D.
    Now a buyout, that is a bit of a guess but it has been the rumor for a very long time.