30 DAY UEM. 30 DAYS TO IMPROVE? NOT!!!

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Jun 13, 2011 at 2:00 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Please comment on this question as it is very important. If you have been notified by your RM that you are getting an Under Expectations Memo and your RM does a ride around with you at the beginning of the UEM and sends you a Field Report and a letter explaining what you have to accomplish in that 30 days from the beginning of the memo does that not cover all the metrics that she states you need to correct in the 30 days?

So for example if she states at the beginning of the 30 days that you need to meet 100% to goal, so many prescriptions, more use of sales aids, etc. at the end of the 30 days the RM then re-evaluates you to see if you have met all the metrics listed 30 days ago as deficient. Right? Wrong!

I received an UEM thirty days ago. At the end my RM did not do a ride around to re-evaluate me to see if I had improved. So she said I failed because I met all of the metrics except for the one that she would have to observe. When I questioned her on this, stating how can you say I did not improve on this one metric her response was I was deficient in this one area at the beginning so that is my score. No reevaluation to see if I improved in that thirty days. So no matter what I did in those thirty days I had already failed even though I had met the other metrics.

I know right now you are saying “HUH”? Well guess what, when she said I failed the whole UEM because I was deficient at the beginning of the thirty days I said “HUH” as well. And I am still saying “HUH” because no matter how I ask her about this she answers the same way. I failed that one metric at the beginning so I failed the whole thing!!!! So what was my motivation to improve in the thirty days if I had already failed at the start?

Could someone explain this to me like I am a six year old?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, here's my opinion. If my RM gives me a thirty day letter saying I am under achieving in an area that means I have thirty days to FIX that problem. At the end of thirty days I would be reevaluated and see if I had improved.

This sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. What's the point of giving someone a thrity day letter to improve if you are not reevaluated at the end of thirty days? Someone is fucking with you big time!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, face it buddy, your RM is screwing with you BIG TIME and you are at her mercy. Just remember to keep records and sue the shit out of them for discrimination and harassment. This company isn't run on performance, it's run on who sucks up to the managers. If you're butt buddies you're safe!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ruling by fear never works Janet. One person has already quit in my region and three more are on second interviews for new jobs. You have a lot to learn about running a company. Roger sent out a little gift to us and that was just a little something we appreciate. Listen to Roger and maybe you can learn something about human nature Janet!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fait accompli

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

fait accompli French [fɛt akɔ̃pli]
    n pl faits accomplis [fɛz akɔ̃pli]
    something already done and beyond alteration
    [literally: accomplished fact]

Since you want to get rid of these people, Janet, why not just fire them instead of all this bullshit you are putting everyone through? You haven't accomplished a thing except to show everyone how inept and heavy-handed you are. You are proud of what you have accomplished but just what is that? Losing a sales force doesn't increase sales. But you wouldn't know that since you are clueless. What a joke you are.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This brings me hope that we have turned the corner and are headed down the path of becoming truly client-centric, and these products are not just marketecture. Lacking an MBA, IMHO, does not indicate you are under-tooled. In contrast you are excelling in a matrixed-environment. I’m willing to “bet-the-farm” on that one!

Sorry about the bandwidth issues, I share your concern and your visualization. If I have offended you vis-a-vis atonal rhetoric, I truly apologize, these misinterpretations occur when conversates occur via postings and not vox-populi. Sometimes I slip into a mental-pez mode.

Your reference to therapeutic-rebooting may be premature at this time. Emphasizing customer relationship management should re-establish our customer-centric approach. Actually I believe this is a BFO moment.