Why will Novartis layoff 80% of MSBU?

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 11:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Primary Care I get. 100%, not needed etc. IHC I get, sell off blah blah blah. But MSBY? We only have 120 reps nationwide and are doing over a BILLION in sales! Am I missing something? Why would Novartis want to cut the MSBU to just 25 reps nationwide? Especially when you look at Genzyme and Biogen they have much much smaller territories and 2-3X the reps that we do. Anybody?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Umm...who said Novartis is laying off 80% of MSBU? Source? Please don't say cafepharma.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it was on the conferance call this morning idiot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And exactly what conference was that skip? Certainly was not advertised to the field.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did they say why? Or was it just that changes need to be made? You know......to meet the needs of the patients.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am in Management there was no call today. Quit bullshitting everybody moron.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I had a dollar for every layoff rumor at Novartis that was later found to be false . . . .

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This information is not going to be on a "call." In November the details will be known.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you kidding me. Nvs has laid off thousands of people in the usa over the last 3 years. Another article in fierce pharma today.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't on ABL call dumb ass! Way way above your puny ass. Just you wait until Nov. by the way your ass will be laid off by 55 percent! NGN and Reps will report to one manager.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The real reason is access. Why pay MS reps bases of 100-140k when they cannot access most Tier 1s unless they are a speaker or with a lunch. Even that is getting less and less. We just need 25 reps in key markets. We will increase profits by decreasing costs without affecting top line. Capisce?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did i say i was a ABL dip shit. Were you fired and now you have nothing better to do then write fake posts. Grow up you family must be real proud of you.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The future for our BU is bright. More hiring, smaller territories and the docs have an open door policy towards us.

The rumors of lay-offs at Novartis are mostly all false.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let's tell the truth about the MSBU

Product is underperforming and there are many unnecessary positions.

To trim 30-40% of sales is definitely a possibility by end of 2014

Limited access

Sunshine act

Limited speaker events needing reps

ABL made this statement " at 4 years those who prescribe Gilenya is who will prescribe going forward. If they don't prescribe now, don't waste your time"

So there is 40% of my customers who use it 0-2 times a year. Consolidation of territories and only calling on top 30% prescribers is a reality.

I know many leaving after this trimester bonus paid. I was going to wait until january but it is time to leave now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed leadership screwed up the launch. Dagmar should fire herself for poor performance. We know the reps are the ones to go. So I expect 40 reps gone by next year

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cuts have been decided already. 80 percent of reps will be cut. That is a fact! My question is why???? We are still doing over a billion why are we cutting and Aubagio expanding when they have half our sales? Someone please explain why 80 percent will be cut!!!!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For the hundredth time! Access is non-existent! You provide zero value and cannot access your customers. We will keep 25 reps in select markets where KOLs practice out of. But that's it! What? You think you can access all your Tier 1s without a lunch? What value do you provide that a MSL cannot? Idiot!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pc rep here. Let me ask you this. Yes revenue increased to 1.2 billion. A 30 % increase over 2qrt 2013. But was it on the back of a price increase or nrx gain?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know the answer to your question but here are facts:

Gilenya is jointly owned with a Japanese company - Mitsubishi. Profits shared

Gilenya marketshare is steady at 10%. Horrible for 1st oral drugs @ almost 4 years post launch

price increases often

It is a $60,000 a year drug per patient so $1 billion isn't a great accomplishment

Tecfidera is a great accomplishment

Aubagio expectation was nothing and it has achieved similar success as Gilenya. Embarassing

Basel is not happy and they will make changes

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Price increases. By the way PC is done. All of you we be cut. We will be cut by 80 percent.