Why are Orthopedic surgeons such assholes?

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The surgeon

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaming Stryker for price erosion is like blaming your 8th grade class president for high taxes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not when they are using the pharma business model. They use it as an excuse to pay lower than other comparable companies. What happens if the med device tax is lifted? Nothing...

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Higher Profits at the expense of losing good personel. If Homer only knew.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The reason pricing continues to drop among all medical device markets ( including many that Stryker has zero presence in) is because hospitals have margins that are razor thin and they have figured out that squeezing vendors is relatively easy ( to increase margins). A hospital can cut cost or increase revenue to make more money; many are very limited ( due to federal regulations) in their ability to increase revenue. Cut cost is their option, first place they look is Ortho.

You are correct that nothing will change if the med device tax is lifted but it is no different than any other big company.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospitals are posting record profits, or surpluses if they are, "not for profit". They are squeezing us based on fear of the future bundled payment system. If they can break the relationship and cycle of MDs having power and choice of implants, they can tell the MDs how much of the combined payment they are owed in the future. You are wrong that the current margins are thin. When the CON laws fall in each state (some states do not have CON laws), the hospitals will be in real trouble as MDs will take all the profitable privately insured cases to their own outpatient surgery centers. The hospitals will be left with only medicare/medicaid inpatient joints and revisions...

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Of course it is any manufacturer's fault for meeting the below market implant pricing put out by the big hospital chains on a yearly basis. "Dear Manufacturer, with the support of our Orthopedic Surgeons we are announcing the new pricing structure for implant utilization at our facility. Please sign and return by the end of the month. By not doing so, any implants brought in after the beginning of next month will not be paid for. Thank you and have a nice day." That's a horrible analogy you monkey.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, the Orthopods could care less about the price of what they use. You monkeys in my area came in and pulled your f*ing pants down!! The bean counters then judged every company and made every company comply to the Stryker pull down pricing!! Stryker barely had any market share in my territory until you pulled this bs. Stryker can't sell on anything other than price because the products simply are garbage, and every surgeon knows it that is not on the payroll.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup...same in my area. screwed it for everybody. dropped 60% off current rate. everyone else had to come down. picked up a paltry 5% of the market and the rep just quit. desperation move. thanks stryker. at least hire some guys that can turn a territory around in a 1-2 years and has some staying power vs some of the crap you pull.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea because Stryker is the only company that gives the customer a better price for buying more ( ever been to Sam's Club?). It is happening in every sector of medical sales ( including many sectors Stryker has zero presence in) if you old timers are not smart enough to figure this out it's time to move on. I'm so tired of reps using the excuse "Styker bundled it with other products and I lost everything";show some real value to your customers and you won't have to worry about it.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's why spine is still good. Your 50 dollar screw costs 1500 in spine still.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the sales tip. yeah. I think most with a brain understand the concept of bundling. there is a difference between undercutting out of desperation and bundling. and most of the meatheads in device understand. Both are desperation moves quite honesty. Don't think you have a revolutionary sales tactic. We all understand the business is changing and are customers have shifted from surgeon who had all the power to hospitals which now employ a number of surgeons who must work hand in hand with the hospital to cut cost. My point is we have retained a majority of the business with our surgeon customers keeping out the competition. Call it loyalty, service, relationships. Those contracts you speak of require none of those. its just numbers and a new way of doing business. But it won't swing all the business, thats for sure. Don't pat yourself of the back. I had a stryker rep that couldn't crack any business for 2 years and was ready to quit, then finds out a new "bundled" contract was signed in one of his major accounts. He didn't do squat and he knows it. He's lucky the Corporate Account Manger signed the deal and saved his ass. Now he walks around like he discovered fire now that he finally turned some competitive business. All the legacy companies are gearing up for this if they haven't already. but reps that had the business prior to the contracts will still command the market once all have accepted bundling, and they will, so enjoy is will you can. I still get paid on premium pricing with my guys,while you get 60% discounted rate from your one guy that the hospital convinced to switch vendors. Im still beating you buddy, and you know it. haha.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are a meathead loser and my corporate accounts guy is going to set you straight. Yeah that's right fck face (he's working on a new deal to drive greater physician compliance). You paying off these Docs w dinners and nights out will be a moot point. I'm taking the war to you

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Precisely my point. Thanks!! Salesmanship and building relationships has not worked for you, but has worked handsomely for me. I love having guys like you in my territory. What war you speak of. Just keep waiting for the call from your manager that the corporate account guy has secured business for you, bc you can't get it on your own. he, he he....what about you, what are you doing? Nothing...Like i said. thats why guys get paid under 100k bc you are not in the sales cycle. just cover cases and stock trays. Continue wearing scrubs and convince yourself, I'm in "medical sales". I wish I had a corporate guy to do my job for me too. I still win, Loser. haha

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't even know the difference between "are" and "our" so something tells me you aren't as bright as you think you are.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tells me plenty. Grammar patrol on the message board again. U get a gold star. That's all u got. Still a loser. Did ur corporate account mgr come up with that for u, hey he's already selling for u, meathead. Still winning.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This isn't even a real sales job. Try selling pacemakers and defibs and you will fail miserably meathead!