Pricing

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 29, 2015 at 12:00 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've only been the orthopedic game 3 years. Curious, when did hospitals start forcing us to discount our implants? I understand that the 90s and 2000s most hospitals were paying list across the board? When did we start getting down to 60% discounts and such.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go with everybody calling me an idiot and I'm stupid from this opinion of being in this industry for a while. Hospitals didn't force anybody to discount. Depending on region, each player whether it be Stryker or Synthes or Depuy or whomever went in and dropped pricing to gain market share. Once you use this tactic, pricing isn't going up, it will continue to trend downward because if you don't discount, you are basically out. I'm hearing companies selling joints for anywhere from $1,700 to $2,500. That's not a good business model. I don't think anybody should discount and should band together to stop price erosion before this industry hits rock bottom. The problem is you will always have some competitor willing to drop pants to take your business. It is what it is and this is my opinion only.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. If our daughters behaved this way we'd all be raising bastard grandkids. Prices will continue to drop until no one will bother selling it. As long as the NCAA keeps churning out good looking morons who need a job, we are doomed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the market at work. The market determines what a product is worth.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is an ironic post in a Stryker forum. Stryker has always been the first to drop prices in a market. Mostly seen in Spine and Trauma. Now it is a race to the bottom of the toilet.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Collusion? That's what it's called when competitive reps "band together". Ask an attorney.