Conformis

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, May 12, 2008 at 11:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zimmer rep here, have you guys heard anything about Conformis? Have you guys seen any of there products?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've met the rep in my area, seems like an o.k guy but he doesn't know SHIT about ortho. He's trying to pimp their products but it's not working. He's selling against Biomet sig series and Otis.

WHo has used their stuff anyway?

What is your experience with them?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I haven't seen anyone use it. My big doc (East Texas) went to AAOS in SF and says he met with Dr. Isono in Oakland and a few guys out in Boston. He's pretty excited about it. I haven't met the rep in my area though. Have you heard anything in particular? Have you heard what the docs are saying?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've met the v.p. of the company and the guy is a complete freaking idiot. He has ZERO sales experience and is trying to get his product moving on the cheap. Whoever sells in your area is going to be a bottom feeder and the first mishap in the O.R. is going to keep them tossed. Ed Ross (the v.p.) is a bandaid salesman nothing more.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

UK surgeon - I have seen these put in and they seem to work!!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is no way in the US that a hospital is going to pay for a, "custom total knee" on a regular basis, let alone a new and unproven system. I hope we buy them and take the technology, but I'm not worried about competing against Conformis.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't argue the "unproven" notion, but as you noted, the technology is certainly something to consider. As for price, it's my understanding that they too participate in the capitated pricing for CCR and poly implants.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. Other companies have this technology available now here, but are using it to put in already established off-the-shelf implants. I think that will be the way to go.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Revised one the other day the patient fell and bent the medial posterior flange. I think more horror stories will start to show.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have revised two of them. As far as an implant its crap, one of the patients was 8 months post op and said his pain was worse post op then before the spacer. The one good thing about both cases was that the technology used to make the spacers using CT scans shows how accurate guides/spacers can be made in arthritic knees.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard they've recently laid off 75% of their field sales force, as they hired a bunch of ex-ortho implant reps, and they haven't been able to generate sales. Their total knee product is just not ready, and you can't survive these days just selling Unis. They're a long way away from being any kind of market force right now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Eager ortho rep here! Seems like the pulse around here is pretty much dead on....im a younger rep who just wants to get a chance to interview with conformis. I dont care about the $ much...just really want to feel passionate selling something with this much promise. Does anyone have any contact info...or advice on where to go? thx in advance

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 revisions in as many surgeries

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why so many revisions? also anyone on hear know how to contact them to get an interview?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're crazy if you go there. my friend runs into their rm here in Lansing a lot and all he ever does is dog on his VP. There's no teamwork there at all. I heard he's looking for work elsewhere. Google Conformis FDA recall.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The posts on this company are dated. What is the new news regarding this company? I spoke with a surgeon at aaos who was excited about them.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly, 'a surgeon'. I'm sure it will do ok in pockets. Over the past few yrs, I've heard of a handful trying it. None of those are still using it

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know what has happened with the recall? Have those knees had to be revised? removed? Replaced?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Conformis is a dead issue.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hummm not if they are still out there? Do you know what they did for people who have the recalled units?