X3 Triathalon Poly

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone else seen any reported issues with the X3 Poly in the Triathalon. I have a surgeon in my area who was one of the original surgeons to start using the X3 Triathalon poly and seeing some very bad results now. Im talking some nasty looking polys when they were revised. has anyone delt with that

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Was the stryker rep in your area rob olds (dallas)? He also sold a bunch of guys hylamer and that dog crap from encore.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't want to call any old reps out but this surgeon specifically said X3 poly.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why are they being revised?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

he said several were from component loosening caused by osteolysis. He didn't say why the others were

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osteolysis is a known problem and it will NOT be going away. The best option is metal on metal. Ceramic squeeking is a problem.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

seeing less and less x3 around at the hospital. is stryker making a concerted effort to switch their guys to n2vac on knees?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Osteolysis is a problem but X3 touts how much better it is than other poly. for a surgeon to be having multiple problems is an issue. Stryker is a joke in the hip market so lets keep the discussion on knees

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To me it sounds like a competitive rep or a disgruntled previous rep just trying to throw some B.S on the table. My surgeons have used X3 since its inception - Have not had any reports in regards to component loosening/osteolysis - How about the surgeons name so a phone call could be made to confirm this issue? Doubt it ---- And 'Delt with that' .... come on now --- NOTE TO ALL: Don't always believe what you read

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

to the original poster> its " TRIATHLON".

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeh sure lets post a surgeon's name so some manager can call him and say what he saw on cafepharma.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ummm....It won't happen - thats why it was asked

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1st of all X3 is the best poly on the market hands down. Any poly that is wearing at 3-4 microns per year is pretty unreal. 2nd of all have you looked at the X-Rays of the revised knees? Are they malaligned? That would create much greater wear? I still do not buy that considering you have to be at 700-1000 microns (roughly) of poly wear to see osteolysis.

I would have to second guess the surgeons cementing skills. That is considering the surgeon was not Press Fitting the components. I have done over 1,000 TKA's using TRIATHLON (correct spelling) and the only time we have had to go back and revise anything is for mid flexion instability and honestly crappy alignment.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Any poly that is wearing at 3-4 microns per year is pretty unreal"

could you point to any studies that could back this. All I hear Stryker reps say is that X3 is god's gift but none of them can point to any conclusive data.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have done 1,000 knees? You open boxes.
    If X3 is that great, why are they going to infuse it with anitoxidant technology? I thought X3 had no oxidation problems. So I guess the retrieval studies by Harris at MGH showing oxidation in X3 didn't happen? Where have I heard this before? Oh yeah, 3 years ago when you were calling it Crossfire.
    Also, I though the single radius design had no mid flexion instability? Locally, we have seen a few PS posts shear off the poly in X3 Scorpio knees. No, these did not have excessive posterior tibial slope.

Why would anyone listen to Stryker? They are the least credible company in the industry. FDA letter, Crossfire, Accolade recall, cup recall, acetabular screw recall, etc.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was just checking this board and I would like to chime in ... I am not a Stryker rep but have been in the industry for over 18 years. I would like to point out that every company has recalls and its own share of problems - no company is immune to these issues. Also, all of the big companies hold the same credibility as one another - None are 'Better' than the other as far as credibility is concerned - Also, each rep, each manager, each distributor etc. are all just numbers on the board - all expendable at best - Hell, even the CEO's are expendable - So to say that one company is the pinnacle of all companies is just foolish - Hope I didn't offend those who think that they are on Everest

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you practiced medicine and recieved a letter from a manufacturer informing you that there may be issues with their products and asked you to sign and return the letter, you may think otherwise...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The problem is that stryker reps run around screaming they have the best poly. The same with accolade, trident "squeky ceramic", and everything else they have. Ask any of them to back thier claims with a study and they don't know what to say. So when something gets recalled or has problems, whichs seems to be alot for Stryker, it is rewarding for competitors to point it out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Explain to us how this is different from any other companies reps/recalls (Durom etc.)

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have plenty of studies to quote. It is just that they are all from Rothman's work with the Biomet Taperloc.