Holy Smoley!!!

Discussion in 'AstraZeneca' started by Anonymous, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:35 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT is in a mess. I thought this guy was brought in to save us. Internet access has been horrible this week. He said we were going to Google apps now I hear we're staying with Microsoft. I heard IT is in another reorg and the Help Desk is moving to India again. DS is a clown!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not just the Help Desk...IT Operations also. If you think things suck now...Just Wait.

Super!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work in IT and Yes, you are correct. This megalomaniac is hell bent on destroying our infrastructure. He plans to cut most of the jobs in the UK and US (although the number of band G jobs has increased) and replace us with 1,000 new hires in India. Where will they come from? Doesn't anyone on his LT realize that we're on the path to destruction. One of them needs to grow a pair and stand up to the little man? C'mon MP, show us your Stones!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above poster is right. You think things are bad now? Wait a year. The very few people we have left who actually do something are being fired and we're hiring another 1000 Indians who have no fucking idea what they are doing. See, outsourcing IT was a huge failure, but since we are taking the same people and making them AZ employees, it's not "outsourcing" now. That's the level of strategic thinking this guy has.

My guess is mid 2015 the business finally gets fed up and IT is wholesale fired and the entire thing is outsourced to Accenture. AZ has NEVER been able to get IT right. They treat it just like they treat every other problem this company has: Don't work on getting good people in place, just keep throwing the cheapest bodies you can find at the problem.

Need to increase sales? Throw cheap rent-a-reps at doctors!
    Need to increase messaging? Throw cheap phone-reps at doctors!
    Need better IT? Throw as many cheap Indians as we can at the problem!

It's the AZ way, and when it doesn't work, they just do it harder. It's working harder, not smarter.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with the above comment to some degree, but the fact is we have had previous examples when AZ has done it right...now IT is NOT AZ, its just a bunch of hired guns who are hell bent on making their mark and it all stems from the little "French/Australian" knob. What ever happened to the talent pool and hiring from within?...maybe we should ask the former ISLT members who are no longer with us...

Recent super good decisions made by our new leaders...

Google apps....er,not so quick there slim...ever heard of protection of data? The Chinese love to see what we're up to. Thought not....Pharma is a bit different than Flex eh...maybe we should go to Microsoft? Good Call!
    Oops...that doesn't work either!!
    Next step...Get rid of all the IT jobs and move to India....
    Bring on Accenture, just like the Astra days..At least you know what you're paying for!...
    The beginning of the end...He better hadn't mess with the severance package!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's what they tell you:

We know you're having problems and we're committed to fixing them in a professional way. There will be a transition but soon your issues with IT are going to be much better.

Here's what they tell him:

IT is costing us billions -- with a b -- and it is absolutely critical that we save money. We want a $500,000,000.00 reduction in costs in FY 2014. We are going to have it, and if you fail to deliver we will find someone who can.

Really. That's how AZ operates. The same left hand / right hand way they do everything. Patient Health First, and then conduct that is the diametric opposite of that. And the company expects to win.

Incredible.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Patient Health First is like Al Gore's Saving the Planet and Jesse Jackson's Equality and Justice for All, It is and always has been all about the money.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You missed the most important AZ way.....the Clown Car.

Every few years the Clown Car shows up and the new bunch of clowns step out. Last time around they came from OZ (Emerald) and we were hit with CB, JR, JK, etc...

This time around we have DS and his team. Why do you think it is taking over 11 months to fill senior roles....because anyone with a brain does not want to work here. Do you know how many people declined offers.....MANY!!

Oh look kids...the circus is in town again, I hope the show is better then last time!!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's depressing that these comments are so accurate. Let's reduce IT spend by 50%!! Maybe OK in the app area where we have multiple applications doing the same bloody thing. But the core services need investment. Just look at the average age of our hardware!!

The idea that AZ badged employees India will be so much better than supplier badged employees is ridiculous nearly as much as we only need one data centre.

Tired of having senior leaders that we all know intend to move on before their decisions catch up with them and a board that seem to have their head up their collective ass.

Oh, how is O365 working out for you?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, but you're obviously missing the point - DS and his collective bunch of clowns, village idiots, court jesters etc, combined with their superior intellect decision makng prowess have come to realise that these badges are MAGIC!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL....Magic Beans I tell you! It's all about the Magic Beans.

Now go have a Super Day

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, so I've read a few digs and some valid points about our "new" CIO, but in all seriousness what has he actually accomplished in the NINE months that he has been here?

He has single handedly destroyed morale...remember the "I'm on the bus, are you riding it with me?" speech...
    He's driven some of the test talent out of the organization...
    He was supposed to bring all of his peeps from Flex, but no one wants to work for him...
    He was wrong about Google..
    He loses perception of how long two weeks actually is...
    He still has 3 open positions that he can't fill and some of his LT appointments are extremely weak...
    O365 is a complete and utter disaster and will no doubt be late (maybe two weeks late?) and overspent...
    How long will DS and PS put up with his incompetence? He has the same qualities of a used car salesman. Is he going to jump or will he be pushed...

Bring on the reorg, it can't possibly work in the timeframe that he's quoted - yet another screw up to put on his resume. I don't think the Pharma industry is for him...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

After his first impression we all thought that we'd found our knight in shining armour and who we actually ended up with was Pogo the clown.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Chech out the IT issues. This organization has some major, long term systemic issues.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know at least one ITLT member snoops around out here. Why dont they have the kahunas to tell Dave its all to clear to everyone in IT he is screwin up royally. No one has any faith in this guy because he is just another mover n shaker. Hes gonna shake it up here n move on. Just like Pascal and just like all those in the top three levels. They get FAT personal perks while the rest of us may lose our livelihood. They get all kids of extras on AZs dime -things they make more than enough to afford on their own. Yet the only way they can think to save AZ money is cut our jobs? DS senior is just as slimy as DS junior. The whole leadership of this company reeks. WHY do we need a new headquarters? WHY do we need to move our sites? We dont. its just more money spent needlessly. The money our leaders spend on absolute bullshit is unbelievable. They are spending all kinds of AZ money on trips all over the friggin globe for their "strategy" sessions when they need to look no further than those of us at the bottom of their food chain. If any of our leaders actually listened to us who do the real work, something just might change for the better around here. Whats wrong with IT? Egotistical leaders who refuse to listen to their "subjects." Why, that would make them look like common folk. How come its leaders that lead us into the gutter but somehow they walk away with their neat little packages, but those of us down here that are doing what we are told we must end up getting kicked in the ass? My ass we do the right thing!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spot the odd one out

Poland, India, San Francisco.

Yep makes lots of sense having a GTC in San Francisco think of all the inside info we are going to get whilst in the queue at Starbucks with Bill, Larry & co

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"We've outsourced too much!"

"We are going to bring it back in house"

"The new model is comprised of San Fran (cuz I love Cali, dudes), India (cuz they are cheap) and somewhere else, oh, let's see, how about Poland? Hungary? Czech Republic? We'll pick one of them"

"Office 365 will be so much better!" "What's that, your inbox prior to the migration has disappeared? Oh, you can no longer edit group distrib lists for which you are an Admin? Oh, you can no longer see the Calendars of all the people who were not migrated yet? Printing problems? Can no longer access shared mailboxes because only some were migrated? Oh, you wanted your Archive folder? It's there, you just can't see it any more (unless you find the icon that you typically did not use).

Yes, moving to Win7 IS a big improvement, but give the credit to those who invented Win7 AND to the fact that the new hardware is several years newer.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK, so now we've correctly bashed DS about his incompetence to run our org, the complete and utter disaster with O365 (please tell me when I can expect the pop-ups to stop???), his lunacy to consider the GTC model, although I do give him credit for announcing his subsequent transfer to the Bay area, just before he hands in his resignation, his absurd notion to consider the closing of two PDCs, the needless closure of some established AZ sites, the brain drain, weak appointments (BTW, who is now responsible for the US? A slight hint of sarcasm here as I know who it is but I gather she prefers not to venture north of Gaithersburg) etc, etc and still nothing changes. Maybe now we should ask the FDA to audit us as we haven't backed up some key data to validated apps for months as we don't have enough storage. Anyone got their number???

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you realize that we are not allowed growth for infrastructure! We can't spend money on things like storage for backups; it is completely unnecessary. To be fair to DS this has been the mentality of our leaders for the past few years! But then what do you expect from a leadership team that get their strategy ideas from the latest Gartner conference rather than any experience of IT or understanding of AstraZeneca.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting to learn that BMS is in the process of going to a GTC-like model. Guess we used the same Consultant as opposed to Original Thought.