Any advice or feedback

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Apr 9, 2015 at 1:58 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello all, hope you guys are having a good day. I am currently a pharmaceutical sales rep looking to transition into medical device sales specifically into Stryker. I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me insight on what the job entails daily and the type of candidate stryker wants on their team. Thanks for your help!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gosh...I feel like this is just a troll trying to drum up a bunch of bs comments

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No its not I'm adamant for a career at Stryker

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time. Get out the biz. It's too late Kimosabee.

Features and benefits are no longer conversations being had with your customers. It's who is cheaper, who can price less, and this my friend is the downward spiral of orthopedics.

It's like a dick measuring contest to see who has the smallest dick. Mine is way too big for these margains.

Pce I'm going back to selling mattresses at mattress firm

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are high paid caterers like the rest of the medical sales people.

There is nothing unique. Now, if you want to really screw yourself up, do surgical sales or medical sales jobs where you are on call. Surgical sales is the most overrated job out there, because you are dealing with huge egos. And on call jobs don't pay enough to bother.

Stryker is nothing special, as you are selling over priced equipment and contracts.

However, I would highly recommend Medtronic, if you can get in. Best way is to network with the rep in your area. Take them out to lunch and don't even talk about the job. Just get to know them. In time, you will get a shot, because your network got you the shot, because in today's market, you need to go on warm interviews for high end companies.

Keep at it. Work on that MBA at night if you don't have another degree.

And whatever you do, get managerial training as soon as you can.

Management is where you want to be in your 30s or 40s, because its tough to stay relevant in the field when you hit late 40s and 50s. There are a few that stay relevant at that age, but most of those people have no clue how lucky they are to have a job. Keep yourself relevant by advancing your experience. Good luck!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow really motivating and insightful advice, I do plan on getting an MBA just have to save some money and see if my current will company will pay for tuition. yeah I do ambitions of obtaining a managerial role, I want to make sure that I invest myself with profitable and sustainable company

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should also invest in learning proper English.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are welcome.

Thank you for your kind words. I have been at this for 15 years, and despite a lot of success, been downsized 4 times in the pharmaceutical and medical device industry.

My biggest mistake, again, was not getting the managerial training in my 20s, and early 30s. I started at 22, at Pfizer, and had a lot of advantages to work for Pfizer at a very good time. Today, those career development opportunities are going to be harder to get, so make sure you find a company that will develop you. Medtronic is definitely one of those companies, because they have the best technology and control the market, which means they are stable enough to develop their people.

My last suggestion, once you land with a solid company is to fine the "good" people in the company and keep in touch with them, nationwide. Call them once a month. Do the same with smart and good people in your territory. Get their cards and call time at least once a month to touch base. Just leave a message. And go to lunch with these good people at least every year, and hopefully, every six months.

Don't have anything to do with the people that party too much, drink, cheat on their wives, etc. Only the good people. These are usually going to be family guys and spiritual types. But, they will be great people to surround yourself with. The AHOLES have to be avoided at all costs, and the people that gossip or are lazy. Stay far away from these toxic people. And if your manager is one of these toxic people, look for another job. Good luck, man.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing amazing advice, by reading everything you wrote it is easy to tell why you have been in this industry for a long time. I took time to set up a plan of action, gathered up all the cards/contacts I have made. You are absolutely right it is important to keep a circle with positive attitudes, I have been researching companies that nurture their talent and currently devised a long list of potential companies to apply. I strongly believe that people who practice faithful and honest hard work always are rewarded whether in their current or future positions. Got alot of research and calculated planning ahead! Cheers and best of luck to you!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for the kind words....mentors are going to be key for you....I would look for a mentor that is in their 50s and up, because by that time, life has kicked them around a bit and they are not only smart, but humble.