Is it really that bad here?

Discussion in 'Daiichi-Sankyo' started by Anonymous, May 14, 2015 at 8:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a DSI employee, but I've been visiting this board from time to time, and while every other company's board is also skewed towards negative comments, this one is the worst. Is it really that bad at this place?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

With our big product getting ready to go off patent it is not looking so good. I think the issue is compounded by new leadership that does not communicate that much to the field and is not consistent in their direction i.e. not being consistent for saying you do or do not have to live in the geography. There was just a reorg and rumor has it the big one will hit in October. Many good people are leaving and in some cases people are just put into roles without interviewing. The product that was suppose to pull DSI out to the other side has no real good managed care coverage as of now and has a black box warning to boot along with limited indications compared to the market leader Xeralto. Our pipeline does not look to be strong with one of the products being a triple generic. Morale is at an all time low and really does not look to get any better unless the company can license in a new product.

Article snip from Fierce Pharma from 3/23/15 does not paint a pretty picture:

"Times have been tough for Daiichi Sankyo, and they're about to get tougher for some of the Japanese company's U.S. staffers. The drugmaker is cutting its commercial headquarters staff by 16% on Monday, with more layoffs expected in mid-April.

The cutbacks are part of a revamp at Daiichi's U.S. business, based in Parsippany, NJ. The reasons for cutbacks are clear: Daiichi's exclusivity on the cholesterol drug Welchol expires in June, and a bigger product--the blood pressure drug Benicar--loses its lock on the market next year. That drug's $2.6 billion in annual sales accounted for 27% of Daiichi's sales last fiscal year."

Now, the latest belt-tightening is hitting the U.S. commercial team. "Following a thorough review of our business, we have made the decision to reorganize our operations, which includes the difficult step of select workforce reductions," spokeswoman Kimberley Wix told FiercePharma

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I really don't believe you. Who visits company boards just for fun? You should probably get a hobby that gets you outside. Go take a walk.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, it is that bad. The good people are leaving and a massive reorg (the 4th in 2 years) is going to hit at the end of the year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As usual, management is going to deny any other reduction in field force. It's their job to keep you focused and working to line the shareholders pockets. Keep them stupid and divert the issues at hand. It's standard business protocol per management. I'm just curious how Japan allowed this mess to slowly occur over the past few years. Didn't anyone with any business acumen not see this fall coming? The lack of a pipeline, the poor business decisions, the short term vision of the company, the poor choices and revolving door of leadership? This has been a case study in futility.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard people say that we screwed up our Edoxaban studies and a lot of people in medical are saying how bad Edison is (I really have no take on Edison). Quite frankly this seems plausible because we really blew it with the Trilogy and Effient. I think Japan was clueless and thought ok, Edoxaban will be a block buster. I can remember listening to Lorenz Muller on stage at a managers meeting telling us how great Edoxaban will be and how it will be a global success. Then we got nailed with a black box for Crcl of less than 95 which the other factor 10 do not have not to mention we have limited indications compared to Xeralto and it does not loo like we are going for any other indications. If xeralto gets a triple ACS indication it is Sayonara sweetheart. I think we all believed that Savaysa would fill the gap but sad to say that is not the case and I think Japan either was not paying attention or had the wool pulled over their eyes. What is even scarier is people are leaving left and right. It is really sad to see this once great company go from Sugar to Shit over the past few years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was never a great company. Daichii was a good culture.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"People are leaving" were do these people go? PDI. Seriously the industry has contracted by 40% over the last 8 years. Not a pretty picture.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe it or not there are a considerably bigger pool to choose from in terms of pharma. Most people leaving here are getting both hospital and speciality positions at other companies. Opportunities are out there.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is a fair comment, DSI was a good culture which made working here enjoyable. Now you have the Amgen Fuck sticks who could not use the word "Trust" or "Good Culture" in a sentence. Hey Rob hope you are getting some good pussy at gold cup, Looser

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mission accomplished AMGEN boys people are leaving left and right. Enjoy the walking dead KK

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A looser is a loser who can't spell "loser". Lmbo

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is the full story, which was publicized at the FDA Ad Com. Glenn G and his morons in Edison screwed up the development of edox. Trial results:

Phase II - Edox 60mg met primary endpoint of efficacy equivalence vs coumadin
    Phase III - Edox 60mg failed to achieve equivalence vs coumadin for patients with normal renal function

Why the difference? Those morons in Edison CHANGED the dosing protocol of coumadin. In phase II, "community dosing" was use which means docs dosed it as they saw fit. And historically, it is dosed lower than the label indicates to hedge against bleeding risks.

But in Phase III, coumadin dosing was "controlled" and mandated to be dosed at label, which essentially means it was UP-dosed as compared to Phase II. As such, coumadin's efficacy improved but Edox 60mg did not (and Edox 60mg was proven to be inferior to coumadin with patients that have normal renal function since Edox is cleaned out of the blood too quickly). Edox would have to be dosed at 75mg or 90mg to match coumadin with this dosing protocol.

One of the FDA employees said during the ad com that Edox "was doomed to fail since Phase III started in 2009". Nice? And those morons in Edison haven't been fired yet?

And let's not forget the stupid decision to use a heparin lead in for the VTE study.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes it is that bad. Maybe they went low with the dose of Endoxaban in their studies because when they went aggresive in their dosage to prove superiority over Plavix with Effient it led to significantly more bleeds. I launched Effient in Cardiology and it was a total disaster. At first Lilly took the lead then we would call on hospitals then we werent then we were again. DSI had years to prepare for the loss of Benicar franchise and did nothing. If you are still working at DSI I feel sorry for you it is just a matter of time before you are going to be laid off. Right now I would even take a contract job for less pay instead of staying at DSI. There is no future there. Thats what I did. I got a contract job which turned into a full time job when I was rolled over. Thank God for that. Now is the time DSI reps to get that next job. There are reps you see out in the field every day, build relationships with them so you can get an inside lead on a job. Good luck

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree on all fronts. But I'm still curious as to what the long term plan is at DSI? It's clear that cardiology is on its way out as a product based focus. I would assume that speciality and any primary care reps with the Savaysa lead are not in a good position with the company for the immediate future. There doesnt seem to be any focus to anything right now. Yet management continues to just prance around and act as if nothing is wrong at all. Typical and so obvious of Corporate America.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really??!! With all due respect, taking a contract job is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've heard of. So it's best for us that you left. Yes, it worked out in your favor but that is extremely rare. Extremely. Truth is every company has its issues (even the one you work for) and it's a volatile time right now but I would rather stay than take a contract job. And I love how everyone who's left is now an authority since they no longer work here. We are all disposable. Including you.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Everyone is disposable. It's the reality that is business.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There's a lot of good points and take always from these negative responses. Use the information to your benefit. You just sound defensive.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work for a law firm and this is one of the websites I routinely have check. I definitely don't do it for fun.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone in Edison been fired yet?