Sending reps and ctls near and far......

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What's the plan when placing reps and ctls in new territories? I'm hearing all kinds of wacky things....like reps being sent to Siberia! I thought local was the trend for optimum production, safety and keeping our sanity....

Truth is if the a territory is a travel nightmare it will mean lowered production, lowered F&R, lower results.......sales down!!!!

Why would the powers that be do such insane things?

What's the truth?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's an easy way for Merck to cut you offer you a territory to far away and then you must claim hardship. Perfect way to cut the older reps or females with kids without fear of lawsuit. Hope it happens to me I am so done with this.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They will suffer the consequences in sales revenue declines....in the end, the company loses whenever they place people in jobs or territories they do not want or find so difficult to work.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard reps are saying they'll look for other jobs if given a commute from hell. It will probably lead to even more hand raisers for 2015 cuts. Some might just walk before that.
    Its a situation that should not happen with good planning. If it does happen it zing sales especially high volume areas.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You morons, sales will go up with out you dip shits in territory. Look what happens when you go on vacation. You are not needed at all, all you need is one person per state, period. They don't listen to you anyway, I've been in primary care before and it doesn't matter. They write what they want to write. Per to per is how they get their info, Merck knows it and has known is for a long time. You matter not. Specialty is where it's at, that's where the respect is, and it's not much. It's just that it changes so fast that they need us to let them know what everybody else is doing and hope it's with your drug, if not your toast real quick, look at the hep c folks. They ain't got shit for 2 years.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two things;

1. Sales are falling, without regard to the number of reps we have.

2. We have nothing but hopes and dreams for 2 years. We've flubbed every Phase 3 product for many years.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They've been using the relocation trick to get people to quit for years. Usually, it's a target for removal that would sue the company if they applied pressure any other way.

Also, the message just before this one is exactly correct. Anyone that has any faith in our two-drug pipeline is without a brain.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mergers and acquisitions - do happen.