How valuable is Cafe P for breaking news?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will know CTL & CTR placement by Thursday. However, can anyone post accurate information right now? It will be interesting to see just accurate the posts are once everything is revealed over the next 48 hours.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's only good for rumor and slander. This is where people come to commiserate AFTER bad things happen. No breaking info here.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has zero "breaking news" value because anything of importance is reviewed and removed by the administrators before anyone sees it.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A test: post anything that tells the truth about the person (and names) who's quick and dirty "study" took down an entire franchise, who piloted the structure change for 18 months-then implemented the disaster that ruined operations, went to DC with a checkbook, then returned to sales to implement the current reduction plan.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zero.

There seem to be a parade of guys pretending to be working at the HQ and have access to super secret documents leaking "news" to us because they are so caring and loving. Probably the same fatso teenager in PJ sitting in the basement of his parents' home typing away.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CP has some usefulness for measuring overall corporate instability, and future direction.

What I mean by that is yes, it is a forum for b!tching and commiserating....but it is much more than that. If you compare the number of viewers at any given time, you will see that Merck is far far ahead in the "misery index" compared to the dozen or so other large pharmas on this board. Pick any time of day or night, and look at the "Company Boards" sub-page. You will see that Merck has at least twice (and often 3 times) the number of viewers as the next highest company on the list. This has been the case for over 2 years now, even when layoffs are not due for several months.

Everyone can draw their own conclusion, but to me this one stat speaks volumes about employee dis-engagement, total lack of transparency, and full absence of upper management credibility. And that hardly ever bodes well for the future.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have found cafe pharma to be 95 percent accurate. Of course there are some immature posts but in general, I find it useful. What is sad but I am glad I have learned before I exit merck is that there are some very bright people at merck. Most of my counterparts are such Kool aid drinkers that I assumed everyone was stupid at merck. Cafe pharma has taught me that there are non Kool aid drinkers at merck and many have posted nicely at merck.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. There are a lot people who rant but no one has real facts.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can really get good info here. I agree there is a lot of garbage but also a lot of good insight. You have to have discriminating reading to get the good stuff.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

About the only truth I've ever heard about Merck came from CP. The lies can be posted, but there is much, much more truth on here. It sickens me to think about the lies management has told us over the last several years. Barely a word of truth.

FU Merck. I'm not gonna miss any of this.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A lot of truth is available on cafe pharma. Unfortunately the only place at merck where is is probably safe to speak!
    The BIG question is....does anyone with authority and power read this site. Clearly not because you see the worthless managers, directors, and VPs still in power.