Orthopedic Sales Training

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by Anonymous, Jul 22, 2014 at 8:10 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How is the sales training at the Orthopedic Div.? Do they have experienced ortho. field sales people doing the training? Can anyone explain the programs plus and minus. I heard that the guy who put it together a few years ago left and things went downhill.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Screw ortho. I make all my money is heel protectors. That's the cash cow.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOBOUTINS now with CALCANEUS GUARDS! 300% growth, new to market, just got 510k.

strYker trauma and recon are still solid throughout but JP (sports med) is trash. you pretty much get real training when you fvck up on the daily and then get yelled at by your roid raging senior rep. no really though to answer your question, they have Oscar the grouch VP of janitorial services division lead monthly nationwide ortho sales training for the newb ASRs along with guest speaker telly monster. hope this helps

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last time I heard there were some ladies doing some of the training who never sold Ortho. Also a couple of guys who were NY sales rejects. Training used to be a real challenge and learning experience when there was real leadership. Now, IMO a joke.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Above post is true. The mgmt team in NY metro just got promoted and some of the some of the dipshlt reps that got burnt out took jobs elsewhere. Ortho blows monkey balls these days. It's rare if u can make more than 175-200 unless you're from the old guard.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$175-200K not bad until you pay for your car-phone-tolls and parking. No entertainment expense covered. Tolls and parking in NYC can cost $100 per day--truth. Oh, you can drive around and look for a 1 hour meter-joke.
    Training is a bad joke today.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mahwah Management needs to sit through the Initial Sales Training program and make some badly needed changes. This has gone way down hill over the past two or three years.
    What happened to the leadership?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't get so worked up and get with the program. You guys don't need training on your products just keep up the discounting to get the business.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That won't work anymore either. I get paid a hell of a lot more than 6% and I'm getting ready to discount "MY STUFF" even more. Those who live by discounts will die by the discounts.

Like to pay for a decent home in California, Colorado or the northeast part of the US with 6%!!!!
    They are still accepting applications to be a scrub tech.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Weak leadership starts at the top. Now, everyone is able to meet the low standards.