Should we fire all reps?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011 at 9:34 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given poor sales for prolia, should we fire them all and give the heavy lifting to GSK globally?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes, fire em all. GSK could do a much better job.

Jackass, some reps are doing well, to fire them all would be moronic.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Overall it would be npv positive to fire the reps and let gsk sell all dmab. we're not a primary care company. and if we cant sell xgeva we should hire the zometa reps to do our bidding

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

jim daly and helen torley should be fired. Jim has done nothing but turn amgen into another GSK. Together they have ruined a potentially great product.Where is the accountability. Just blame others for their failure. This is why AMGEN is a shit companY. I bet both get promoted.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think about it, the only two drugs that have had launch success in the US are Aranesp and Neulasta and it was all done through contracting on Neulasta without a direct competitor - not selling!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A + N > P

Aranesp and Neulasta are both extensions of epo and neupogen, that were, as we know, Amgen's original products. Bottom line is, Amgen REALLY caught "lightning in a bottle" with those two products. So, I am not sure how much "selling" has ever gone on at AMGN. But, come to think of it Pharma sales is a big fucking joke anyway. Anyone that has ever sold in Pharma and says differently, is full of shit.

We definitely sold A and N on contracts, but they are great products that sell themselves. Prolia/Xgeva is a good product, but not the blockbuster we were told.

Based off my time at AMGN, it seems to me that there are a shitload of people sucking on the tit of the "epo/GCSF" cash cow. As long as old Bessie still has some cash, people are going to continue to suck on that tit. Right now there seems to be a lot of job justification and little action. We seem to be a dying company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What are these reps doing if not selling? Are they spending the day on cafepharma instead of pounding the pavement and making the calls? Zometa is an old pos. We should be selling more with the data pacakge we have.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you've summed it up really well....unless some smart acquistion is made, we are talking about 2-3 years of amgen glory at best.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed our reps don't do much and they have little incentive to. The DMs do these stupid ridealongs and docs are afraid of safety. Our safety department is the worst and regulatory is making it harder to say anything. We may as well print a pi and leave it in the office.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another option, hire contract reps???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sub-par reps. Worthless.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amgen has used Contract Reps before!