Three SEC "CT" filings in one day?

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First they stir the pot with modification to high level severance packages. Now, they file 3 Confidential statements with the SEC. How can Amgen present at the JP Morgan Global Healthcare Conference, and then file 3 CTs a couple days later?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And that my friend is why the stock keeps going down. Need to get KS and Board to leave.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been trying to change the executive line-up for years, because of their POOR performance and a dearth of potential pipeline cuties. No blockbusters, I can see.

The reason the small investor can't push the market is, about 80% of the shares are in the hands of hedge funds, regular funds and highly paid brokerage houses.

None of them have made significant value changes. Yes, ten years of nothing in the share value and mostly sustained by the now old original blockbusters which are slowly declining because of the added burden of a tight fisted government. The FDA isn't helping either. They come to an intersection and can't tell if the light is red or green.

Our supposed savior, denosumab apparently is not what we all hoped for (blockbuster) as evidenced by slow gate (sales). Time will tell!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question might be "Why do the hedge funds and large investment firms keep their money in Amgen? You might make more money in CD's.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Basically, the company still survives off it's original 2 products (and second generations). But every year, KS/RP comes up with THE BIG PROMISE. Vectibix, denosumab, Nplate and a handful of other disappointing drugs that have been sold off or discontinued have kept investors waiting for more Amgen magic.

Check out stories from the JPMorgan Healthcare Conference: " Amgen Will Build Growth With Wider Use of Denosumab and New Cancer Drugs"

Give me a break. Denosumab stumbles out of the gate and the 3 new cancer drugs could best be labeled THE BIG GAMBLE. These will not even make up the lost revenues of blood products coming off patent. Although institutions hold 80% of Amgen stock, Amgen usually comprises less than 2% of each institution's portfolio. Institutions used to hold 88% of Amgen stock. This recent sell off may be a prelude to mutual funds realizing that Amgen is a trading stock and not an investment. If a number of firms give up on Amgen at the same time, things could get ugly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These investment vehicles usually look for about a ten percent profit off the buy price. It hasn't happened, yet. Th fund buy-ins were at about 55 dollars a share. It is apparent to me that if this is correct, the price should be about $60.50 when they sell. Some, of course, hang in there for years, no matter what the price is, per share.

I talked to a fund manager (large company with heavy involvement in Amgen), and it seems his response of "if we don't like what we see, we don't talk to the company, we just sell", is NOT aggressive handling. They are the real controllers and should take a more involved participation. Our voices are loud but no one hears/listens to us small shareholders.