Ian's so out of touch/out to lunch

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Enonemouse, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Guest

Send us a top level promotion announcement just before the displacements begin. Why not WHACK a few of your layers of yes men rather than add to/maintain them? Increase the stock dividend during cut week....hell, any CEO can increase profits and dividends by cutting people. Real ones increase business and treat people with respect. Just remember your bi-weekly paychecks are multiples more than your reps YEARLY wages, and we are the ones trying increase revenues! What we could do living in the real world with your fantasy salary???........

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thought same thing. I just don't think he really cares. Think his insistence on "No Jerks" should have given us all the info we needed to size him up. The permanent smirk on his face doesn't help either.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Really?
    I sure Ian doesn't even know there are cuts this week.
    He signed off on that in the 3rd quarter.
    Merry Xmas!

4. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Guest

And now the year end thank-you message on layoff day for 600..... Hello Ian.?! Timing is everything. Please think beyond your huge paycheck. BTW, are you paid in US dollars or Euros????

5. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Guest

Oh ya, "no jerks"???? OWN IT man!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a currency trade.
    When the dollar is higher I take my check in New York.
    When the euro is higher I fly my jet to take check overseas.

Cheers

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

He may have made te decision to cut a while ago, but the execution of this was terrible. They couldn't wait two weeks until after Christmas? He had to send out his happy little video the day 500 reps get laid off. "Respect for people"? Really? The whole field force has been lost to Pfizer. Even people who bleed PFE blue are looking elsewhere regardless of whether they are retained or not. I have never seen so much bitterness. They truly are clueless on 42nd street.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. The timing of this video, wishing us a "Joyous" holiday season, on the DAY of DEEP layoffs, is offensive, insensitive, and out of touch. Ian is a good leader for this company, but the execution of this video is reprehensible; he made a critical error in judgment here.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you aren't bringing in Additional revenue streams in this economy and with the hundreds of thousands of layoffs that have happened over the last decade you are not looking out for you or your family. Corp America does NOT have your best interest at heart...Christmas case in point! Get yourself on LinkedIn, network and diversify!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So insensitive and disrespectful, of all days to distribute this

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't kid yourself. He listed this sales force cut as an accomplishment on his self appraisal. So did the regional presidents.