eliminating territories

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Jan 14, 2014 at 11:25 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is a project under way to totally eliminate entire territories where 40 percent or more clinics are closed to pharma companies. This is a total shutdown of the local reps and expansion of other territories to take up the slack. Several states are targets for this blood bath. I will post more as news leaks out. Stay tuned.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

40%? There will not be territory left.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We will all have to just lie to ourselves a little more these days. If they ask me I just say the clinic is open for business.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quit with your scare tactics

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it. When do you anticipate this taking place?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe it! But too bad everyone is faking calls and the majority of territories appear more accessible than they really are. This would result in like 3 honest territories getting shut down.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Which territories??? Midatlantic territories?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Midwest and Northeast.

To be honest, i work in the midwest and am sick of faking calls to large group practices. I have never met most of my targeting list.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kudos to you for being honest. That is everywhere, just not shared.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your "honesty" just cut many jobs. Even when you do not get to see that specific target you should be moving sales in other ways. Sales is not an exact science as Pfizer tries to make it appear.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're going to eliminate territories where would you do it…where you have access (office and formulary) or where you don't. Formularies change, office access rarely does-if anything it gets worse. From a company standpoint at least it shows using some common sense to making cuts rather than across the board. If you're in a poor access territory it sucks- but deep down you understand. If you're thinking long term employment (and being honest) you are probably contemplating employment elsewhere anyway. Even good access reps are thinking it, based on the nature of our industry

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Given the environment in this industry today:

If you were to hire a rep….would you hire an older rep (50+) who was content to earn a lower salary but wanted to finish their career in the industry. Not continually looking for something better.
    Or….would you hire a young buck who is certainly looking for a long-term career and increased earnings?

Which one do you think you would most likely retain?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GSK has gone this route,, 1 rep responsible for 2-3 of the big clinic group practices left in each territory... remember all those marketing, sales support in the home folks like having herds of us reps wondering about..less reps will requires less home office staff..these cubicle dwellers understand the game and want to keep it going...but the reality of access and our impact is dribbling up to guys who actually put their college degrees to work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are pluses and minuses to both hires. Is the older rep jaded, going through the motions? Is the younger one eager to make a name for him/herself and do well? Not a cut and dry answer. Depends on the rep, DM and more importantly-second line manager (RM). DM could push for one and the RM may nix it.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nix most big no see big city territories.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I cannot confirm the this project but I do know that ZS Assoc sells a very expensive piece of software to us that gives HQ live updates on access within any given geography and specialty. I has been used to make many structure decisions.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

http://www.zsassociates.com/industries/pharmaceuticals-and-biotech/accessmonitor.aspx

They are bragging they can cut billions in sales costs no matter how good the reps are.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to see what ZS is like watch "House of Lies" on Showtime. Pfizer was mentioned a number of times in past year's episodes. These consultants are F*n jokes who unfortunately impacts our lives. They toss around bullish*t that this company buys hook, line and sinker!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a stockholder in pharma companies i am all for it as what expense goes on with the entire show is ridiculous.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly. I would retain the rep over 50. Here's why. More than likely they have established relationships not only with the Dr. but with the gate keepers. They are the ones who get the "wave backs" to get into the clinic. They are the ones trusted and they do not lie like the younger reps.

As a manager, I would much rather keep my older representatives. Relationships, strong work ethic and honesty; Prevail.

Many companies are realizing this and are hiring middle age + reps who have lived in their area for a while, see the Drs. at Church and social functions and know how to get in the back and Sell.