Biomet in Merger Talks with S&N

Discussion in 'Biomet Orthopedics' started by Anonymous, Dec 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rumors swirling...Also rumors that Synthes could be the merger candidate...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks....another rumor about a rumor!!!!!!!!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Forget it. Biomet's owners have enough on their hands keeping up the payments on all the money they borrowed to fund the Biomet acquisition in the first place.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, S&N denies any merger/acqu talks with anyone.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i will guarantee that zimmer will purchase s and n, remember where you seen it first.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biomet is not buying anyone. Look at how much money they lost last year. This company is a joke...maybe some fool will buy them....if Blackstone is lucky...

Bad management at Warsaw....needs to change...house needs cleaned out. Starting with 90% of the VPS....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can I have Arcos now? How about delivering on the R&D budget we saw last summer?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, no Arcos for you. The R&D budget is being hoarded to buff the EBITDA number, just like all the other spending.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Figures. Hey BIOMET, thanks for being 5+ years behind the market as usual. How about you stop trying to hang on to Magnum and Oxford sales and bring us the Van360 and Arcos. You send me an email about how our numbers are down and you want to blame me? How about some of that progress we were promised.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't you just leave then? Oh wait...your equity deal is too sweet to leave. Distributors in ortho have way too much power and the management in the companies just let it happen. Wait until the business is forced to go direct and watch your kingdom crumble like Rome.

Projects have hiccups and sometimes there are reasons why stuff is delayed that you almighty distributors don't or can't understand.

Since this thread is about a merger with SNN, I would love to see Biomet "merge" with them to watch the distributors on both sides scurrying like the roaches they are to keep their jobs.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice grammar.
    That would be a clear violation of anti-trust laws.
    You are an idiot!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The "reasons", could have easily been avoided. 1) don't let your project manager of the new system quit, 2) make all pieces in house- don't trust many unproven chinese vendors.

I don't think any distributors would be scurrying. I think some will cash out and retire with a nice big check.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch, but probably true on both points. I would think a merger would clean house both in Memphis and Warsaw. The field would remain the same with the cream being kept and the smaller players sent packing. S&N is mostly direct, I would think that it would be easier to transition their direct sales force to distributor based than vice versa.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

no doubt. I think the idea of going direct could be easily handled thru a "merger". would be interesting to see how the sales management structure would change. but it has to. costs have to be controlled better. if jnj buys snn, Biomet will be scrambling to figure out how to compete with this new pricing bohemeth.

and on the arcos, how the hell do you let someone so involved walk away as the product was about to launch? do you think he knew something we didn't? he could be a pain in the rear sometimes, but he was a good guy.

it's going to be interesting times. anyone think aaos is the venue a merger of snn and whomever buys them is announced?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

this will be hilarious. two truly great loser companies of the orthopedic world becoming one single large loser corporation!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you must have lived in a whole for the past 10 yrs... hate to say it but SNN & biomet are ranked 4 and 5 in the ortho world, that's not too shabby... are they perfect? no but they're doing something right. and if there were to be a merger you should be worried if you work for the big 3

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how you are so proud of being no. 4 and 5, this complacent attitude has kept you from being no. 1