ROCHE IS COMING!

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Aug 19, 2006 at 8:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There aren't many reps in NBU who haven't been contacted by Roche. They are offering to increase base pay by $10-15,000, give money$$ for unvested options, great benefit package, and no "coach to win" big-pharma management style like we espouse now. Sounds like fun, but if I stay do you think Amgen will match up on the base pay? I don't think they'll "get it" by paying us what we're worth to retain the talent before Roche drains it. The first surprise departures will be hitting real soon I'm sure.
    Do you think they'll finally pay up for the 20-30 MILLION we bring in in revenue per territory?
    $150-200,000 per rep in base + bonus's is fair for the massive dollars we bring in to the company.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

150-200,000 in base + bonus's + stock/stock options would be fair in my estimation. Good post! We need folks like you inside!! We have too many marketing etc staff draining all the money and us reps get shafted with < $150K compensation while we deliver $25Million per territory.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here 8 years in dialysis. Won Chairman's once. Real good track record. Only making $90K + in base. How high will Roche bump my base pay if I jump. I know I could deliver dialysis business and big office clinics as well as hospitals.
    What do you think they'd give me in base pay and how big are the projected bonus's when we cash EPO/Aranesp/Procrit dollars over to CERA dollars?
    Do you think it would be a nice big bump in base pay with a great 2-3 year run in big bonus's like the Aranesp hey-days?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're worrying me now friend. I can picture paltry bonus checks and a plethora of business plans, spreadshett trackers, video role-plays as Roche is draining the ESP franchise dry. Uggghhh! Maybe I should look at them! More money - less subjugation..........hhmmmmm.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

sales reps should get paid for the amount they actually work, i.e. $50k max!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, right! 8-5 + Weeknights on the computer doing Orion, e-mail and printing reports for the next day + weekends doing spreadsheets and business plans + nights out with customers + weeknights doing compliance tests online, pre-8:00AM conference calls, customer cell callls all day, voice mail out the wazzu etc, etc.
    I only wish I was paid based on how much I work and how much revenue I, not Amgen, I am rsponsible for bringing in to this company. You must be either a marketing geek (i.e. non-revenue producer), or a secretary.

In case you are a marketing geek, read below:

Real marketers work in the consumer product industry, where their little promotional plans, pricing, and branding etc actually do sell product, not in this industry. In this business, sales reps sell, marketing makes little brochures (and "messages") that everyone leaves in their trunk, doctors scoff at, but actually do work well when you get the car stuck in a mud hole during rainy season. Nuff said?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The first bombshells have fallen! More departures to come! The money's too good to pass up, especially with what KS & GM have done to our stock options and the share price. We should be able to make some REAL bonus money for a couple of years w/ Roche. Most reps are so disappointed with how the commission checks have dried up in NBU/OBU that they are looking for part-time work if they stay here.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm taking Wednesday's off and selling cosmetics in the mall to make ends meet and feed my family. Another rep is working as an RN through the hospital pool on Fridays to pay the bills. Meanwhile the exec's are getting rich off of our work. Shame!!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to Roche, Their CERA Strategy fails and then they lay you off! No momma Amgen to run home to!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone notice all those OPENINGS in the latest NBU stack rank report? How many people have left for Roche? There's only one reason they are leaving: MONEY and BEING LEFT ALONE (no metrics, mgr ride-alongs, role-playing, etc.).

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't that two reasons?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Roche is much worse than Amgen. If you think Amgen is bad, you need to see Roche.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Zarnestra & Yondelis are our new products for Ortho Biotech, to be announced by Jon Johnson & Poon at POA Jan '07. He wasn't lying last year. What should be funny is to see Management's attempt to launch these dogs with fleas!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

beware!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

[​IMG] we are coming