The ration of reports to managers is the worst in the industry

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2011 at 10:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is there a relation between this and DMab sales. I know that after 20 great years in this industry, with 2 companies, I have never seen so many managers. I do not need a babysitter. Plus, I am forced to conduct unproductive activities because of Management Interference. It is tough to get a job right now, but believe me I am looking when I have the time.....time that should be spent selling for Amgen.

I just hate it here.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I could not have said it any better, I am up to my ass in MANAGEMENT, and the RSD is not any better. Give me a F'ckin break, the Doctors and staff think I am in trouble all the time. These stupid company tech' are bogus. If you want more sales, lessen the managerial shit up. I am officially on the market.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think we all feel the same way, I truly would like to know if there is anyone at Amgen in the BHBU that truly likes their job right now and hasn't considered leaving. I feel like we were lied to, this is not what I was sold on to come to this company!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately, you are in trouble. Everyone is. I know someone who was #1 in % to quota, and was shown the door (Managers Manager did not like the guy I think, and then the Manager decided the boss was right). Again, #1 % to quota. Why, because they had this person on cell phone records and gas tank fillups 8 months ago. They are building a case on everyone, unfortunately just mark my word.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, mark my word, Amgen is going to get in some trouble here eventually! Let's think about it, we are promoting this drug for high risk patients. Seriously, with the quota of 50 for the first three months of the year, is that realistic (especially when there are issues with speciality pharmacies reporting)? No, now if we try to promote to other patients that are not included in the label, yes, it maybe possible. What about the OPM speaker programs? It amazes me how the speaker who has been used constantly for speaking is passing out EOB's with the complicated chemo code? Really Amgen? Is this right? My Manger and my RSD have BOTH talked to me in the past about letting on of my physicians know that they can do this and even mentioned that it had been done with another office in the region and it was okay and they had been paid-this was a repsonse when one of my Endo's said he wouldn't write Prolia because he wouldn't make any money off from it, he made money on Reclast. I'm telling you, this is NOT good. I do my job with integrity! I'm currenlty the last one in my district but I have saved all the messages that have come down discssing this and I'm building up my case when they decide to put me on a plan due to my numbers! It's just a matter of time, it will happen. I do not want anyone knocking at my door because I will definitely tell the truth. I have the emails, presentations to prove it!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I hope you do have the necessary evidence and can use it to make a difference not just for yourself but for the company.

As I keep reading what is going on in sales I am deeply troubled. I am not in sales. I just read this board to get a sense of the issues. While I know that many of the people here are just complaining or venting, a portion of the posts must be legitimate and with good insights. That said, I'd like to encourage everyone posting here to post with intelligence and data. It is important that posters not look like an angry, unintelligent, bitter and incompetent employee. So please, post carefully, watch your language, and read for grammar, spelling and punctuation. The above message is so riddled with errors I have to wonder about the staff person's competency. Please, don't make that the issue.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

enough you dmab reps, your all making 100k plus getting out of bed calling on primary care docs because your the best of the bunch, stop the crying some of you reps say it is not a bad JOB only because Amgen is over payin you for what you are actually doing enjoy the ride because most of you are just like the rest of the pharma reps out there your being micro managed because your Bio reps!! gimme a break

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, mark my word; Amgen is going to get in some trouble here eventually! Let's think about it, we are promoting this drug for high risk PMO patients. Seriously, with the quota of 50 for the first three months of the year, is that realistic (especially when there are issues with specialty pharmacies reporting)? No, now if we try to promote to other patients that are not included in the label, yes, it may be possible. What about the OPM speaker programs? It amazes me how the speaker who has been used constantly for speaking is passing out EOB's with the complicated chemo code? Really Amgen? Is this right? My Manger and my RSD have BOTH talked to me in the past about letting one of my physicians know that they can do this and even mentioned that it had been done with another office in the region and it was okay and they had been paid-this was a response when one of my Endo's said he wouldn't write Prolia because he wouldn't make any money from it, he made money on Reclast. I'm telling you, this is NOT good. I do my job with integrity! I'm currently the last one in my district but I have saved all the messages that have come down discussing this and I'm building up my case when they decide to put me on a plan due to my numbers! It's just a matter of time, it will happen. I do not want anyone knocking at my door because I will definitely tell the truth. I have the emails, presentations to prove it!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it never came from mgmt to use that code, it was refrenced that it was a code that might be used but not once was it specfic direction. besides if you knew it was wrong why did you do it. also raise your convern, then if they push it go to upper mgmt not outside the company. you will hurt your teammates and not give someone a chance to correct the behavior

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are an original F/up, but you can't help it because you are so busy being so important to the company right? You may say you do, but you don't have a clue wtf is going on , this MICROMANAGED shit is downplaying us all, why should I go into great detail to prove a point as a matter of factoid D/weed I don't have shit to prove to you.

Wait till next week a few more or dropping, believe Mr. Ding Dong I will be gone asap . you won't have to worry being the only dick standing here, we were lied to and F/over!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You know what, unfortunately you don't seem to get it. The point is Amgen has HORRIBLE sales management. How about those Districts that have a Manager that has NEVER, EVER EVER been a Sales Manager before? Yup, and they give guidance that makes no sense, they call doctors office to check up on us and further micromanage your every move, they check cell phone and gas records from months ago.....this is going on, there are lawsuits.....unfortunately Amgen has the Arbitration clause that we all sign on to when we accept the offer, and we are "at-will" employees which basically gives those of us in the field little rights. However, Amgen will settle, just do yourself a favor and keep records.

From-
    longtime Amgen HSM that just can't believe what some Managers are doing to great reps, and more importantly, fine people.....

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you for your post. I am in full agreement and am sickened by what has become of this company and what has happened to some very fine people. The leadership issue is not isolated to sales, my friend. I do understand why so many sales people are angry due to the sales pitch given my Amgen about Amgen. It's a shame how many people were lured here on the "Amgen story" which no longer exists. But then again, if you were lured here by these promises and the great salary, you may want to check your own character, research or networking skills because everyone knows the old adage- If it sounds too good to be true, it is.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If I could just get away from the Micro management side I could at least turn on and off what I think is important, but my manager shoves shit up our backside 7 days a week!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who the F&€)K are you to tell us how to post. Go try and get laid you need to relieve some stress.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When management questions the integrity of it's reps (ex. Looking at gas receipts, calling offices to check on you etc..) They lose the trust of the rep forever. That rep will never be motivated to do what is best for the company. They will just do what is needed to make some money (if goals are attainable), or they will just work to check the boxes and do the minimum to cover their own asses. Managers are not managers they are just there to cover their own asses and protect themselves. It is the corporate culture. I interviewed for a management position and the first question they asked was have you fired anyone and do you have a problem coming in and firing the whole team. That question told me a lot about the company. It's very sad and Amgen can't keep treating it's employees like shit and think they can get away with it forever. Eventually all the lies and deceipt will catch up and there will be a price to pay. It's only a few at the top who get rich while all the rest take it up the a€>€ss.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You should be deeply troubled.

One person in sales at AMGEN had their 5 year old child who was brought to the ER on a Saturday, and eventually the Hospital said the child was in trouble and needed to stay overnight and potentially much longer. The Amgen employee was in shock, and shaken to the core. The Amgen employee was there overnight and into the next night worried sick-nothing in life mattered (not even Amgen at that point to this employee who thought the world of Amgen). Long story abbreviated, Employee and said child got home late Sunday night, Hospitalist/Medical Team said child needed close supervision and would be OK with a weeks rest in bed but if not brought to ER, child may have had permananent damage, or worse......

Rep let Manager know of situation over weekend since they were to ride together on Monday/Tuesday. Rep did not get in assigned paperwork when rep picked up Manager Monday morning, and Manager wrote rep up!!

In normal world, Manager says take the day and regroup, take care of your child, get yourself some rest, and get paperwork in when you can, probably Tuesday morning..??

Rep never said anything. Amgen Manager utilizes late paperwork as part of reason to put on plan at later date. Amgen supports managers decision all the way (this rep was #1 to quota, literally). Rep still loves Amgen, will work his way through Manager until next one.

This scenario was from a veteran whom I trust implicitly. Person wants nothing to do with Amgen and simply moved on. I am Amgen long timer in the field (10 + years) and am also looking, not because of this incident, but because this incident represents what Amgen has become. To the veteran rep, well, they felt it was a Manager issue, not an Amgen issue. Me, I feel it is an Amgen issue (there are sooo many more stories like this over the past 2-3 years that it not only sickens me, it scares me). I also have family to support and give my love to.

Thanks Amgen Field Sales VP's!

See you on the other side! I pray for y'all. Really do.

God Bless.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the report and kind words, we are in a cesspool of management right now, I think mine actually believes they are the reason why good things are happening in district!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is crazy that manager didn't have the compassion to understand that family comes first. I would have just taken off and not asked but told them I was cancelling field ride and then let the chips fall where they may. The story doesn't surprise me but it is shocking. That is why Amgen is horrible. What comes around goes around and there will be a price to pay for Amgen. They need to get rid of top management who just legally steel from us. Maybe they should buy some new helicopterS. They can all kiss my aAayyyyss.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow-what an ass. #1 producer, and not allowing rep to cancel. Sounds like the person did leave Amgen-good for them. I can't get any looks right now, no one wants to touch my salary. Not complaining, but am trying to let recruiters know I will gladly take less, I just need less micromanagement, and at least have some trust of my boss, and vice versa.

Trust and Respect-I wish I could tell someone that my Manager has NO Trust and Respect for me, and many of my colleagues. Of course, everyone is afraid of regional as we know anyone could get the ax tomorrow.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What do you suppose is happening with all of those people that have over a hundred syringes now? Anybody know what is going with the two people in CA that have over 180 syringes or something like that? Some people just flat out hit the jackpot with NOL's/KOL's cranking out their scripts for them. Some people can't even see these huge writers which is such a joke.