AMGN down 5% today

Discussion in 'Amgen' started by Anonymous, Apr 21, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, must have really done well and dividend and outlook must have really impressed the analysts . . . Prolia a blockbuster???? stock price says it all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Time to give Kevin a promotion for all the wonderful job he has done over the last 10 years, definetly a stock not worth having.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bad investment I made. Everything else I am making money on except this stock!!! F

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A regular dividend is very useful for those that have not made any real money for almost ten years. At least, we can depend upon a reliable dividend, rather than wait another ten years, with the possibility of nothing to gain.

The dividend will attract new buyers who may be income oriented and, those that are still loyal shareholders.

I'll take this any day !

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nothing worst that having to wait 10 years to finally make some money out of this stock, Definetly Amgen is a one hit wonder kind of company. After all, Kevin came up as the second two last worst CEO for any fortune 500 company few years ago on National TV and Forbe Magazine, I guess we deserve what we got for allowing such a worthless leader. And let not forget all of the VP and BOD that work with him, I knew the company had no future once Dennis Fenton and some other ones who made Amgen what it is today left. But at the end why should Kevin care, he got a private jet pay by Amgen, he makes about 20 MM a year for not delivery at all and obviously he has no self respect for himself or otherwise he would resign few years ago, but I am sure he stay to make sure every patience every time, Yeah Right

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever; it's better to have a nice dependable dividend than to watch the shares depreciate. I have no problem with taking a dividend off the top. Keep them coming.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am ok with the dividen but not with the zero return we had in the last ten years, specially when no one gets condem for it. If I screw up for not doing my job I get a negative evaluation but if Kevin, BOD or VP don't deliver accrodingly for 10 years nothing happend. Someone Explaing that to me.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Blaming Kevin and the Board for all that is bad (e.g., lackluster sales, poor stock performance, etc.) and believing those like Dennis Fenton, Tom Boone, and others would have done otherwise is well, stupidity at its best. Fact of the matter is those who "made Amgen great" would not have been able to survive what has occurred in the last 7 years to present. The facts are Amgen is a maturing company with maturing products and it is difficult to develop drugs (okay maybe not as bad as the Pharma/Biotech giants want us to believe), but it is not easy. I firmly believe if those like Dennis, Tom, and others were in senior leadership roles today, Amgen would have been bought or worse off. Look what happened to Genetech. They got bought because the egos of the founders got in their way of making smart business decisions. I do agree Kevin and the Board have made some stupid decisions, but what are they?. Well, Kevin put a lot of trust in his senior leadership. As a result, he does not push back or say no. And if you ask me, he does not hold them accountable (where are the Amgen values?). Production botches are not the CEOs fault. Clinical trial failures are not the CEOs fault. After all, who two or three years ago at an ED&O meeting got up in front of the audience and said were are sorry that we had to waste $150+M in product due to an error in planning? Are they fired? Nope, they are still running operations. Kevin waited far too long to fire Tom F. Oh, I am sorry, waited too long to accept Tom's decision to "pursue other options". But as I think about why Kevin does this. It is because of those who piss and moan that Amgen sucks and that they want it to be the company it was in 1990. All of the deadweight at Amgen is what is making it a bad company. The deadweight is those that have been there over 12 - 15 years. Ever talk to someone who is an Amgen "lifer"? They think they are God's gift to man. Put them in any other company and they would be fired. In closing, Kevin is addressing this by JP and BB. Those two men are going to do everything Amgen is a viable company. The proof is in what was presented by them earlier this week. So, to those of you who wish it were 1990, wake up it is not. Tough decisions are going to be made and you will actually have to work. Quit or shut up.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dude, I work at the company and thrust me, I have never seen a place as philosophical as amgen to address issues. Let take for example the Ireland plant, where they are spending a lot of money to address risk mitigation by no having a single plant (AML) and you know what, there are a lot pharma companies in PR for the last 30 years and nothing has ever happend. So to me, the ireland plant is just one of those samples where Amgen throw money away in order to buy a little piece of mind to the VP and CEO, even worst, Amgen probably end up running the project in fast track as always and at the end the plant is probably going to end up as a Frankestein (good for nothing). Lets not forget teh two acquisition amgen made back in 2006 for 1/2 billion for each (Ilypsa and Atlantos ) when we had the RIF. Ask yourself what ever happpend those great investment ?????? Now, to me some one should be hold accountable for throwing so much money away. Unless you own some of those private companies

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You want to defend Kevin Sharer? That's your business, but the man is the last/final word. He must accept blame, it's his company. He reports to the board but, that's a problem, as he is also the Chairman of that board.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like the president say, the bus stop here, but I guess you should have some ball to do that or at least care about, which I don't think he cares, after all he makes 20 + MM regardless of how good the company does. His name has to become synonim of people that don't deliver. I am just glad he is not in charge of making submarine or carriers any more, I bet he really suck at it, I been told. THe only people that have benefit from KEvin are his friends and couple ex navy boddies, and the majority of all of them suck, go figure. I guess if you can bet them, then join them.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

At least people made a lot of money with the purchase of DNA by ROCHE, and that what is all about, in the case of Amgen, no one wants to buy us

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't want anyone to buy us. If they do, say good bye to ATO, ACO, AML, etc. Anyone in an administrative role would most certainly be axed. Finance, gone, AP, gone, Law, gone, Marketing, gone. I would even wager, OPS would be set free. Also, while I will give you that DNA and Roche have yielded better results than AMGN, it is not by much.

If Mr. Peacock wants to make Amgen a company that will return the numbers promised in 2015, why not do something drastic? Why not make OPS bid against contract manufacturers to make products, why not make R&D bid on developing new molecules, why not make Law compete against outside counsel, why not do the easiest thing and outsource back office functions (e.g., AP, HR, etc.)? JP can't right now because internal processes are completely screwed up, but there are people who want to improve, I hope he listens. Once the processes get corrected, they can be moved to a 3rd party. He did this at NVS. Amgen should not compare what IS did a few years ago to what will always be. Problem is, capable people are silenced because of politics and nobody wants to deal with non-strategic projects.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Outsourcing IS was planned very badly...not surprising! Outsourcing HR would save the company big..those guys are an useless overhead!