RD ride alongs. Too often?

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jun 6, 2013 at 8:07 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm curious what other reps think about this. It seems like reps in other pharma companies ride with their manager every few months. We ride with ours 2 times a month. I like my RD, but I'm not very productive when he's with me. Instead of thinking about selling, I'm focused on saying or doing what I think he wants to hear so I can get good ratings. It also messes up my itinerary.
    Thoughts?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, ours is about once a month. I like my RD too, but it's becoming counter productive and wearing our docs out. It makes them question why we have someone with us so often and reflects poorly on us. I've heard this from other regions too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like to ride my RD during ride alongs, while I am driving and sexting my husband!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Come work with me!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh yeah...that's the kind of ride along I'm talking about!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

there are a few who ride with reps too much. one i am familiar with and she is brutal. good luck to you all!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is definitely too much, ours is about once a month. I like my RD a lot but it does put on added pressure and some doctors don't like it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ours is once a quarter. That is perfect since it gives RD time to really see if you have progressed from one field contact to the next. It's also good for business planning. Once a month and twice a month is too much in my opinion. How much can you really improve or show improvement the numbers in a couple of weeks? Waste of time for rep, offices and RD.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much we have progressed? Good for our Business Planning? Oh my...have some more Kool-Aid!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me the RD's don't want to be out there any more than you do.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good point. Anyone know what their requirements are?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a great idea. RD's have no desire to be with their reps more than once a quarter since most of them don't improve significantly. This is a great idea. As reps we'd have to see them less and less.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire needs to give RDs other things to do besides ride w reps. Many other companies out there do only one days every few months because managers are more involved with running the company.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RD's ride with us because Pharma reps are lazy clowns and upper level management knows it. They want to make sure you're earning your 70-80k salary, bonus, and company car. It's the nature of the business. You signed up for it. Deal with it and stop crying.