Cluster F.

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Aug 8, 2013 at 1:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone else feel like the past 1-2 years has been a complete cluster F?
    Share your thoughts!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes! The bonus structure change 3 times in the last 2 years, the territory changes in the last 2 years, the restructuring last year and again this year, adding expansion territories after a lay off and now all of the issues with IREP and target alignments and dealing with that in the middle of back to school season. It has all been a cluster F. But that is common with any kind of change. Shire has just done a lot of change lately. There is still more to come. When and if Vyvanse is approved for other indications expect to see more target and territory changes. DB hinted at it during the meeting. But I would rather them make territory changes so that we end up with slightly smaller more focused geography. Then have to drive by potential targets because they are not on our "target list". The total dirt was a good move. Especially for a launch of a new indication. Even if that means relationships have to be severed, its a better move overall.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is it that bad? I was offered one of the expansion territories. I was going to accept it. But I have a decent job now and not sure if coming on board is worth the risk. Any thoughts?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Might not be that bad pending your situation. Are you happy at your current job? Make a respectable living. Are you currently in pharma? Pharma has a way of eating at your soul. Simple job made complicated by management. Tracking reports, call expectations, business plans, blah blah blah blah blah. Everything to keep you from just working your day. But its so important!!!!! How could you possibly convince a doctor to write your product if you did not do all this other work? Every quarter its the same message from our management. "We know we have been giving you distractions" "Our goal is to limit your distractions so you can just sell" Yea right. I've been hearing this for over two years now, and I think this is the worst quarter yet! Let me tell you, if I gave my doctors so many distractions, and gave my manager so many excuses as to why I try not to pay attention to their distractions, I would be fired. Plain and simple. Fired!!!! This job requires a person that can say yes to management, then turn around and shoot it out your sphincter like it was the worst case of the runs you ever had, only to have the shit land in a spread sheet so you can turn it in on a tracking report. Then, after you have spent 15 hours of the week reporting, go drive another 20. That leaves you about 5 hours a week to actually see your doctors and sell. Great job pending your current situation. I'm still here.