Chantix suicide numbers are out

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 29, 2007 at 8:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Didn't you notice anything at all during thes two months?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh shut up!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I wrote- "This is not a joke...."

First of all, what uncaring, self-centered person would tell me to "shut up" when I am writing about recently losing my father. No matter what you think about the Chantix link, have some compassion for a fellow human being who has been through a difficult time.

In reply to "Did you notice anything over the past months".... We did notice that my dad was more on edge and quick to snap at us, which was very unlike him. He seemed somewhat withdrawn also and seemed to have some trouble focusing and remembering things. These were never bad enough to give us any indication of what was to come! All I know is that my dad was happy, with no problems before Chantix, and 2 month later was gone.

I just hope this is a warning to those on Chantix now, or with loved ones taking it, to either stop the medication or to be closely aware and closely monitored by their doctor.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

#1 You can quit smoking without a drug
    #2 Cancer can be prevented with simple life style choices, which you don't need a drug for to get you to quit smoking
    #3 This is just another "quick fix" drug, that instead of teaching people to go out in the sun (sun=vitamin d production), get off their lazy ass and do some exercise, throw away the, pizza, McDonalds food, soda etc etc etc..(unlimited list)......, delivers this message, "Eat like a pig, sit on your fat ass, as long as you pop a pill you'll be fine."

The pharmaceuticals have done quite some good. But did you ever think that there is a line that you SHOULD'NT CROSS. The pharmaceutical industry has gone WAY overboard.

And again, here is something I found on the web which gives you just one example of how you have been deceived by T.V. news, FDA and pharma all your life against natural medicine.

mercola.com/foxone

FYI, I do not own this webpage, neither have I ever met anyone working on it. I simply found it, and am now using it as some proof material.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do the suicides count towards the % of people that stopped smoking ? Cause that would be a good thing right ?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

30,000 suicides? Even if they weren't all chantix, I wonder how many of these people are on some kind of drug!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So, 55 reported to commit suicide on Chantix. And the rest commits it on other drugs (especially psychotropic)! And kids commit massacres in school on their "medication".

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is some wikipedia for you

"Harris was prescribed the anti-depressant Zoloft by his family doctor. Shortly afterwards, Harris reported having suicidal and homicidal thoughts.[32] Harris was then switched to a similar drug Luvox. At the time of his death, Harris had therapeutic Luvox levels in his serum. Some analysts, such as psychiatrist Peter Breggin, have argued that one or both of these medications may have contributed to Harris' actions. It has been claimed that side-effects of these drugs include increased aggression, loss of remorse, depersonalization and mania.[33]"

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The above is columbine btw.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yea I found out the same thing. The only common denominator in all those shootings were that the kid is on some form of psychotropic drug!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off people should have som compassion for others if it happend to you, you would feel the same way. The same thing is going on with my father and we know that its the drug. Ithink they should take it off the market and research it a little better. We have people losing there lives over trying to give up smoking. I know that its hard to quit by yourself trust me im a smoker myself but scared to go on this drug. but really people should have some compassion and dont be a dick and post shit to hurt people mabey try to come back with some integance

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. WE live in a scary world....the decline of the family unit has destroyed our world.

13. I wanted to post a Blog about my most recent experience with Chantix. My reason is that my doctor did not make me aware of the Suicide scare. I left my doc's office with a script for Chantix and no direction. Chantix worked very well for me. I quit smoking my third day on the medication. After 21 years. I was never able to double my dosage by day 7 to 1 mg. in morning and 1 at night due to extreme nausea and dizziness. I stayed at .5 morning .5 night. Had major dreams..which I liked..I could feel textures, smell, taste, feel heat and OMG what an imagination I must have. I had few problems associated with the whole stop smoking experience. Limited events of feeling over whelmed or Nicotine fits. Very few temtation moments after the first week. Everything went smooth some slight nausea till my 48th day on Chantix. Probably the best week of my life and I went to bed with an overwhelming feeling of wanting to kill myself. Like a driving voice telling me to. Like my thoughts were..OH GOD I CANT PAY THIS BILL..JUST SLICE MY WRISIT AND NO MORE WORRIES..I was hardcore..and lasted days..Some major meltdowns also durning that few days. The only thing that I think really saved me is my friend telling me of the news about suicides and murders associated with Chantix users..I thought that oh here someone goes raining on my parade. But I am glad because what little sanity I had left made me relize that it was the medicine talking. I stopped the night of my first vivid suicide thought. 48 days into half dosing of Chantix. It was a very scary experience, ruined my Holiday but I didnt jump off the bridge. I just wanted to post my feeling and experience hoping that someone might see the signs and relize it before it is to late.

I am still smoke free 61 days now. I owe it to Chantix it made it an almost painless experience..But I did feel some major effects in the end. Good luck to all on it.

Angel in Seattle

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Glad you are smoke free...wish I could be....

15. I posted today please read. I am so sorry about your father. 48 days into chantix I went crazy. I send my thoughts to you and your family. Trust me when I say It was the Chantix

16. Good Luck to you and thanks for the comment;0)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I stopped taking Chantix on December 16th. Since taking it I have developed some sort of psychosis. I cannot sleep. My behavior is erratic and out of control. I can only do one thing at a time and have to intensely focus on it or I'll forget what I'm doing. I used to be a very efficient multi tasker and now...I don't know what the crap I am. I don't even know myself any more. I quit smoking after the first intro pack and continued with two a day for a few days and found it to be too strong so I went to one a day of the second week pack for about seven days and then stopped because I couldn't sleep or focus. I talked to the physician who prescribed the medication to me and he is very disturbed with the side effects I am having (kind of scary that he prescribed it and is shocked and amazed at my side effects). I advised him to warn his other patients about Chantix as I fully understand why someone would commit suicide from this stuff. I just hope I eventually go back to normal or at least lose the thoughts of suicide and short temper. I wanted to quit smoking, not lose my mind. I do feel a bit of nicotine craving but, will not smoke because I don't want to have to feel like all of this craziness is for nothing. Everyone reacts differently to drugs. So far besides these blogs I've been reading to try and understand, there isn't a lot of information about how to get back to normal after taking Chantix. It’s so sad reading all of these stories but, I'm so glad that I'm not alone.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, i'm sorry that people lost loved ones, but there are some confounding variables here that don't necessarily mean that chantix = suicidal thoughts. First, don't treat quitting smoking the same as going on a diet, it's not. It's an addiction that has been shown to be more powerful than heroin addiction. If the tobacco industry was a new start-up industry today it would probably be illegal. When you stop using a substance you are addicted to your body reacts, sometimes violently. It changes your chemical balances, and they affect your moods. These thoughts, dreams, feelings may be simply a result of quitting. I'm not saying that Chantix may not be involved, but i think a lot more research needs to be done before jumping on that bandwagon. Let's not be quick to pull a drug off the market that actually works at helping people quit smoking.

19. SilkTieGuy

SilkTieGuy Guest

Let's just say there never was any Chantix. I would be curious to see how all of these comments compare to a Smoking Quitting Chatroom.

I'll be you fifty bucks that all of the comments are exactly the same: I wanted to quit, not lose my mind, I feel nicotine cravings, will not smoke, don't want all this craziness for nothing, everyone reacts differently.

Take all this shit where it says CHANTIX, and simply substitute "Quitting smoking," and you're going to get the same same same comments. Just because it's a drug, people are bitching. What did all of the people trying to quit smoking blame all their troubles on before Chantix? You're right: quitting smoking! Same thing. Except it didn't cost $100 a pack...

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe you. My brother-in-law went the same way last September. He took the pills for only a week and shot himself 2 weeks later. It wasn't the quitting that killed him. Norman had an empty pack of cigs in his pocket when we found him. I observed the downward emotional spiral first hand. It was only afterwards that we connected the dots between Chantix and his brief shotgun moment....how could a laughing fearless man with a full life's experience behind him suddently see fit to just end it? I think that Norman needed something from his brain chemisty to help him through a situational depression...something that Chantix had blocked. While on the drug Norman clearly visualized an easy and painless path out. And he's dead now.