Pinnacle

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you sell marathon or altrx?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on if I can get a price premium.

Either is fine though. There literally is not a single XLPE that has hurt patients.

Thank God my biggest doc hated metal on metal from the get go.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

X3 or Crossfire?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2.62 is not a "Great" number. And it's a skewed one at best. Good luck.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depends on how you define 'hurt'. Given the context, altrx has been the product involved in the liner disassociations. Not sure why that is, but it is

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why are you defending this? We all know it fucking sucks.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Holy revisions.... Like real estate. We make plenty of cash of same customers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This continues to pop up. 3 for me in the last 2 months. One we attributed to a proud screw head, but the other were unexplained. Metal head/standard 36 poly in all three. I've got a guy who does 100 hips a year for me considering dumping Pinnacle/Summit for Synergy/R3 because of this. Frustrating.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never seen it in my territory and we do a lot of hips. If guys are inserting liner correctly it shouldn't be an issue.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've heard smith and nephew liner is very difficult to insert....haven't experience any problems with altrx

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi. I am in the UK and had a THR in December 2012. In February 2013 it squeaked for a few days then weeks later squeaked every time I moved. The surgeon found that the cup had partially come out of the cup and was badly distorted. Several lugs were also broken off. The whole joint had to be replaced.
    Has anybody else suffered the same, and what result if you took DePuy OR your surgeon to Court, please?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

See my message above.
    It should have read - The polyethylene liner had partially come out from the metal cup and distorted.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a forum for medical device. This isn't the best place to seek medical or legal advice. Pinnacle has a great clinical history and registry data to support it.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have seen 4 cases over last 3 years where liner was loose in the cup. What was interesting was in everyone of them the Depuy rep did not want the product back to return to Depuy for testing.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lost some anterior business to SN R3 system. Per surgeon it's way easier then pinnicle combo and he can insert liner just pushing by hand, not hard at all. Hopefully we see some R3 liner issues but looks like a solid product that's gonna pick off business until we fix this issue. It's defenitly a problem that's seen in many territories and being reported with no feedback. Can we Please get some feedback from engineers, not excuse making marketing....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Depuy may have problems, but seating the liner is definitely not one of them. Never seen a surgeon have any issue with it. I'm sure some do, but I've heard from SNN surgeons complain about the difficulty of impacting the liner.

Also, do you really want to be able to impact a liner by hand? I'd prefer to impact to make sure. Just my thought.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I will say as a rep of 23 years that has worked for 2 different companies, sometimes the docs create the problem. In testing the stability of the liner they loosen it by pulling on it whether with a clamp or with the tools each company provides to loosen the liner. If it happens it usually will show up during trial reduction. I have heard many of my higher volume surgeons say that they have revised multiple pinnacle cups over the last 5 years due to liner issues

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you weren't the rep in those cases? Usually the rep is instructed to not return the implant by either the office or the hospital

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't speak for Depuy, but company I work for which I will not divulge asks us to report and return all failed devices whether or not it's implant or surgeon error. Grant it it is not always doable. Many times the implants are sent to pathology and cannot be retrieved

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4th pinnacle revision this month and Rep not sending anything back to Depuy. Still see a few ASR revisions but pinnacle taking over now. What's up?