Animal Health vs. Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Discussion in 'Pfizer Animal Health' started by Anonymous, May 18, 2006 at 8:37 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been in the pharma industry for 3+ years and thinking of switching over to the animal health division.

In your honest opinion, do you think this is the right move? Can someone please tell me the difference between both industries? Honest answers are greatly appreciated!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

use the search button - if you can't do that, then you need to stay on delivering samples and lunches.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why do you think you are better then everyone else, i was simply asking a question jerk, stop the arrogance and get a life loser

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer reps are all the same, arrogant and nasty. Pfizer as a company has always had a huge chip on their shoulder, thinking they are better then everyone else, when it comes down to it, you are nothing but militant assholes who tjink they are hot shit.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello, did you get any answers to your questions? I'm in the same situation and would also like some honest insight. hoping you can help

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'll tell you this...I have been in pharm. sales for 5 years and interviewed for the animal health position and didn't get it because I had TOO much pharmaceutical experience!! They thought that I wouldn't be able to make the 'transition' from human health to animal health because it is such a different type of sale!! I think they really want people with sales experience...but not human health! Good luck!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you don't "sell" - you had too much experience of not taking an order. you probably would come in with the work ethic of a human rep - 10 to 2 does not cut it in this business.

I will beat you to it as well, I am at lunch on my laptop uploading orders that I "took" this morning. I did not have to deliver smaples or a lunch to do it either!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumb shit you said it you "took orders" you did not sell anything. Trust me, Animal Health reps would have loved to get into Human Pharma but they didn't b/c the best reps went to Human pharma. That is a fact. Yes now there is a shift of Human reps into other fields b/c that side is not as enjoyable as it once was. Case in point..How often, even now does the Human side take from the Animal side???Not very often if ever b/c there is way too much other talent to pull from but you see it every day in every company where animal helath companies are pulling from the Human Side. If you dont see that it is b/c you are not. And by the way, if all human reps I have nothing bad to say for either side, hell we are making more than vets and more than PA's. It is just natural for there to be a rivalry I guess b/w the two, unfortunate as it is...It is entertainment. Keep the stupid ass replys coming.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, Pfizer really hires the educationally challanged.

The correct english usage would not be "I am uploading the order I sold today". It would be "I am uploading the order I took." Took is the operative word.

Keep telling yourself you are better than us. We will keep laughing in your face. In the morning, we will get up and go into clincis with respect and our heads hung high. We know what we do, we make more money for clinics. We are a resource for them.

You can wake up and know that you can keep hiding in your cluster. They give you teammates because they don't trust you to get the job done. Keep delivering Lunches/samples begging for a signature so the Boss Man knows you were in the office.

Keep throwing stones, because you are the sad one. We are not on the Human board. You are on the Animal Health board. You might have a leg to stand on if it was the other case, but it isn't.

So you keep telling yourself whatever it is that helps you not pull the trigger at night.

I have earned my respect in this business... you are still worried about which recruiter to get your resume to.

I pitty you.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

did not spell check - so the errors are purely my dumbass mistakes - fat finger typing.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, Pfizer really hires the educationally challanged.

The correct english usage would not be "I am uploading the order I sold today". It would be "I am uploading the order I took." Took is the operative word.

Keep telling yourself you are better than us. We will keep laughing in your face. In the morning, we will get up and go into clincis with respect and our heads hung high. We know what we do, we make more money for clinics. We are a resource for them.

You can wake up and know that you can keep hiding in your cluster. They give you teammates because they don't trust you to get the job done. Keep delivering Lunches/samples begging for a signature so the Boss Man knows you were in the office.

Keep throwing stones, because you are the sad one. We are not on the Human board. You are on the Animal Health board. You might have a leg to stand on if it was the other case, but it isn't.

So you keep telling yourself whatever it is that helps you not pull the trigger at night.

I have earned my respect in this business... you are still worried about which recruiter to get your resume to.

I pitty you.

[/ QUOTE ] this cat is right on...can you imagine even being compared to human? We sell a product that a clinic can resell and make a profit, just like any product you find in any store. Human side is successful when they have managed care coverage and then they speak up at meetings about what they are doing that works, what separates them form other reps, etc... I'll tell you what, ask any doctor what they think about human reps, they will say too many, one message from 10 reps every time they walk thru the door, and free lunches. Not a sales job, but not a bad way to make a living if you just fly under the radar. Hey I worked from 10-2 every day, hit plans, bonuses and told my manager what he wanted to hear. My buddy in Buffalo worked harder, didn't have managed care and didn't make bonus...and was put on performance plans. Everyone on human side should just keep mouth shut, enjoy salary, and be home by 3pm

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh my God!! PAH people are the stupidest in the Industry. The correct way to say it, had you actually "Sold"anything would be "I uploaded the product list I SOLD today." Also you want us to go to our own site????How fucking old/mature are you? Why don't you take your ball and go home too. I notice you did not answer one of the earlier posts comments as well.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We all have a job to do. Whose to say yours is more important than mine. BTW, since you seem to be so high on the pedestal, what are you doing spending time with us lowely dog reps???

Go fuck yourself. The medicine seels itself, not you.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First of all, how exactly does a medication "seel" itself. How about a little proof reading next time r*****.

Secondly, why am I spending my time with dog reps, becuase pissing on you faggots who take yourselves too seriously gives me an erection!

BTW, most sane individuals would consider human medical sales higher on the sales ladder, and far more important to the greater good than veterianary sales. What pisses me off the most are you jackasses who claim that human reps are nothing more than caterers who don't know how to sell. If you were all such elite rainmakers, you would get into complicated clinical selling theaters like biologics, onclology, or gene therapy. So go take your purchase order and lodge it firmly in your sigmoid flexure!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey cocksucker... Learn to spell "because" before you start throwing stones...

Isn't it time to deliver a lunch for a sample?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2 more words for the moron to learn to spell: "veterinary" and "oncology"

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Coming from twenty years of experience at Pfizer I have to agree with you.
    I was shocked at the number of reps who think they are better than
    other companies. Their arrogance has cost them an opportunity '
    to network with some wonderful people. Pfizers history of hiring military
    and cheerleaders has caught up with them. They are so weird that they
    don't just "COMPARE AND WIN" agains products they get personal and go after the reps themselves. My counterpart was advocating that doctors
    "Censor" the other reps. They also actively try to shut you out of an office
    or grand rounds if they know you have a competing product or
    are going to launch one soon.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizers favorite tactic is to try and convince physicians that the other rep is talking outside of guidelines and lying to them. They ask the Dr to refuse to see you anymore. Then they tell them that if they continue to listen to your
    lies you will be responsable for getting them sued.
    They're military and cheerleaders remember? They will reduce you to the level
    of al Qaida and convince the Dr that you have weapons of mass destruction in your detail bag.

20. Wow, I just registered to this site and took a gander at this forum since I was interested in transitioning to AH. I think this discussion has lost it's original intent, and everyone needs to just take a chill... :cool: Sorry for the hijack, but I would like to hear objective pros & cons about AH vs. human health, as well as Pfizer vs. other companies. Only people who have experienced both industries need reply. Thank you.:)