SOLD!!! Good bye Shire!!

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Jul 18, 2014 at 1:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start looking for jobs everyone

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

home office personnel, maybe...field force will be safe for awhile...just a guess

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6-12 mos max. The head count will be decided by December, plink slips will go out before Xmas.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your a dick

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As someone who worked for Shire and then worked on a contract for Abbott/Abbvie I swear to you that you should start looking elsewhere right away. You will HATE EVERYTHING about Abbvie, your world will be turned upside down. I won't even waste my time going into all the details but trust me when I say you had better start looking around now NOT that you will find anything else a LOT lot but almost any place is going to be better than Abbvie. The problem is that so many companies have scaled back on how much they pay. It is one of the reasons why so many reps are selling on the side to make up for the bonuses they used to earn and/or the drop in base pay.
    Good luck to all of you, you will need it quickly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for the heads up

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely sound advice. You will hate it. I don't know why AbbVie has such a good reputation in the marketplace; must be all the ad space they buy prompting all those glowing write ups. In truth, imho, the place is third rate as a place of employment, maybe worse. It would be best to get out as soon as possible.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

While we will lose jobs, the greedy bastards get paid off!!!! Shire bosses to receive windfalls after takeover by AbbVie

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

EXACTLY! Disgusting! And told us nothing on the conference call!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FO get 10 million, 30 other "senior leaders" get 23 million to stay- wonder how many of us will be that lucky!!!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, just a realist who has been there, done that, and is nobody's fool.

When all you hear is business as usual, focus, etc. you know the cuts are coming. We will always be the adopted ones and get the scraps of whatever is left after all Abbies are placed.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And a bad one.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone know what AbbVie's current severance is? How many weeks per year of service?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2months WARN plus one week per year of service plus 1/2 week for age over 40 or 45, posted this on abbvie for you all who keep asking there too. Both KOS and SOLVAY had negotiated their own severance for their employees and none were laid off. if Shire did not negotiate anything for you that means they were only concerned with their own golden parachute, sorry. If you got a pension with Shire, that pension will remain in place, it wont transfer to Abbvie's pension.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks so much for posting! But, that is horrible! Shire's is a minimum of 3weeks/year, yikes!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, they don't call the place "Shabbie" for nothing.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Shire should at least take care of us with the severance....1 week/year is a joke