July 2015

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not to worry. Conference calls should have happened by now if anything was imminent. We are good. At least til fall.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't be so sure. The new model is to do selective smaller cuts in targeted markets. Last time in March reps had no notice and were out same day as call. If R and F is low why keep rep? Not a difficult decision.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Biggest layoff change coming that has ever been seen. Massive in scope.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That seems like a totally reasoned, researched, blanket statement. Yeah this layoff is so big, they've found a loophole that allows them to not do the WARN notifications, because ITS TOO BIG. Come on.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's what I thought too. Last year we got the word at the end of April for the July layoff. Hope that means we're OK.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tiffany doesn't sound too comforting about July!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do u think sales might be folded into the r and f numbers?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They didn't give us the iPads 2 years ago just to be trendy. At the same time they eliminated company provided cell phones. Cell phones were the airtight lock on terminations. Mother had the right to track our cell phone locations and if we reported a call on the old Lenovo that did not match up with the location of the cell phone, HR gave the OK to terminate. No need for cell records with the iPad. Fast forward to the the new call system, Salesforce.com has pitched senior mgmnt on how they could increase field mgmt "span of control" by using the new/improved dashboard. Much more efficient for tracking activity and looking for termination targets on exception reports. The new model allows the wolves to pick off the herd one-by-one. If you want to stay in the herd, stay in the middle. Mother's biggest concern is avoiding risk, the new data allows field force reduction (cost reduction) while minimizing risk exposure.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Used to do this gig years ago when it was pretty simple to play the game. It looks like you guys have to be real pros to play the game now. Your job can't be near as fun as it was when I did it....

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

the new model is to do smaller, targeted cuts which will take place with little to no warning and based on decision by local management. this is what primary care has been openly told.

the stay in the middle advice is sound. don't make waves, stay in compliance and off the radar. don't give the ctls and dcos a reason to think you aren't needed. even though we all aren't, of course.

it would be interesting to hear some examples of which territories were affected in March. that would give others an idea of what a potentially asymmetrically deployed territory looks like.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

" stay in the middle." Pretty much sums up Merck. Merck loves the bell curve. On either end, top performer or bottom performer you are an outlier. Therefore a target. Merck is a perform to the middle company. The entire organization is composed of employees that are mediocre. That's what it aspires to. " How can we be more average?" So much for " Good to Great."

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, maybe that's why the name " Merck" didn't make it into any subsequent books. It peaked in 2001. Now is all downward slide.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well you bunch of pricks. Where's all the phone calls and layoffs? No announcements? Anything at all? I rest my case. I told you already..no layoffs. This is the same small group of miscreants trying to stir it up and cause problems because their jobs are in jeopardy because they suck ass.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last time I checked, IT's NOT JULY YET. Ha Ha Ha.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Miscreants, deviants, bad ass boys and girls, criminals, perversion players... That is all of you in a buttshell!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep new model is to let go less than 100 people per month so not to trigger any WARN notice.

Will be one continuous set of layoffs from now on.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Financial planners talk about setting up a bond ladder to rotate income. Merck must have a layoff ladder.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yeah right prickass. Nothing you've said about the impending layoffs has happened so now you start this myth. From one thing to the next. I could tell you your next post because I can read you like a book. Go whack would you?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The final week begins!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lamenting because it's harder to fake a day "at work"?
    Try actually working a full day and earning your salary.
    It's not that hard and you might enjoy it.

But, again, you're a lazy bum---So productivity isn't in your "wheelhouse".