How to disable GPS tracking

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, May 3, 2013 at 6:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put the device into airplane mode.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does that put a red flag if you put it in airplane mode?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If anyone asks, you are simply trying to extend your battery performance.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It won't work. Merck has customized the iPads so that the geo locator cannot be turned off even by putting the device into airplane mode. The only way to disable tracking is by completely turning off the iPad. Also, there is a small group of ctls that are posting all this bs about how to disable the GPS tracking. They want to fire you by tricking you into messing with the ipad. If the activity logs show you attempted to disable gps, that can be grounds for termination.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is precisely what is wrong with pharma and pharma sales in particular - who knows what the TRUTH is anymore about anything?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Put it in a microwave in your trunk. It blocks any signal released from the iPad. I bought a cheap one for 15 bucks. When I head home at 1, I pop it in the microwave.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't worry guys, Merck IT and sales Ops are so f'n incompetent, they couldn't track an unraveled roll of TP back to the bathroom let alone tracking reps with iPads

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has an activity log they can look at but actually track your whereabouts all day long, I don't think so

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There is always a daily activity log created recording when you turn it on, off, which app you access and how long. Everything are time stamped. It has been that way since we received our first line-driven non-Windows Compaq laptop. It is uploaded when you connect. We asked the field technology people about it at a meeting. They stumbled for a little bit and then said something about it was a way for them to find out if the reps like certain apps and which page of a promotional material is used most of the time and the log helped them in planning for the future. You can figure out the double speak yourself.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny !
    2 minutes on High, or just defrost ???

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Actually works, very well. Its the box of the microwaves internal structure- has nothing to do with being plugged in. Its called a faraday cage, google it! Alot of us have picked up old microwaves for this purpose!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's funny! Glad I left Merck, got a real sales job where there is no counting calls or tracking activity, just my sales numbers. I was lucking enough to get a biotech sales job where I can even see my sales the day after the product is shipped to the account. Get out if you can!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I didn't know Burger King delivered? Good for you pal.. Now, go make me some fries.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Keeps the Bullshit in...and the EMP out ??
    Sounds like a Seven Sigma Certified Process Excellence Initiative. !!!!!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When did Merck start hiring people with grandiose disorder?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I tried this and the ipad still received emails

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't disable, just sue!

Woman fired after disabling GPS on work phone

http://money.cnn.com/2015/05/13/technology/fired-gps-app/index.html

A woman in California says her boss forced her to download a phone app that tracked her 24 hours a day. When she deleted it, she was fired. Myrna Arias is now suing her former employer, Intermex, a wire transfer business that lets customers send money to Latin America.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Mine works, i grabbed an older oven at a tag sale. There are tons of videos on youtube about the faraday cage.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No need to worry for very lone, July fast approaching. Begone!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

very lone ? you stupid lump of uneducated dog shit
    get that grass cut and work that production line