Merck seeks to reinvent R&D unit: WSJ

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Dec 27, 2013 at 5:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Isn't it nice to see Merck doing things on the cutting edge of science! Merck has been "seeking" for a long time now and has shown very little progress. What "reinvention" of MRL is this? Merck's innovation abilities are bankrupt. I certainly wouldn't get to excited over this announcement.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ha! Ha! OMG!! WTF!! SD!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I had no idea that Roger hired folks from Amgen. Makes sense.

At least they are expanding however I do wonder why they closed the SF office and fired all of those scientists a couple of years ago.....now they want to expand?

Nice article but I agree with you....I am not hopeful. Cancer is a flooded market also and the most difficult customers to access from a sales and marketing perspective.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

notice NJ is not in the R&D hub.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If NJ is not R&d hub, and PA is all but shutting down, what does that leave? Boston? What a joke this company has become. Maybe they will open up MF again.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are CORRECT NJ or PA is not noted in the article. Roger misses CA and wants to come back here. SF is not Santa Barbara but his private plane will take him to Santa Barbara in no time. Boston is needed to recruit scientists from Harvard.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Merck is on the cutting edge of being bought out!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I read the article. Rupert Vessey is also mentioned with regard to reaching out for new opportunities, a technique he perfected in Blue Bell as the Clin Pharm staff can tell.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Merck is working on a plan to reshape its once-storied research-and-development unit that would create international innovation hubs tapping into drug research outside of its labs."

Clever way of saying they are shutting down research in US and hiring cheap labor in China. They've been toying with this for years and now I guess they are going all-in.

They'll keep one US site with a handful of scientists and have the work done abroad for cheap.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RY and WP are doomed.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All of NJ is gone except for Kenilworth. You do know it will mainly be corporate? Just a bunch of over payed pencil pushers. I did not read the article but the hub will be Boston, London, San Francisco, and 2 sites in China. That was known when we hired the CSO who specializes in off shoring.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You don't know how to spell the word "paid" and I am supposed to take anything you write seriously??

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you read the article? You're a fucking jackass. I used "you're" correctly. Why keep R&D when they have done shit for 6 years. Sorry about the reduction of unemployment benefits. Only 6 months now.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R&D, please go to another site. The blue folders don't exist. You are all safe. Now just go away.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For sure, Rupert was on top of the opportunities in Blue Bell :)

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Says who? The hundreds that just got released?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great move.

Ken will learn a lot about intellectual property rights and patent law from the Chinese.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why not do it? What has R&D done in the last 5-6 years? Something needs to change.