What are they doing to West Point?

Discussion in 'Merck' started by Anonymous, Sep 23, 2014 at 11:56 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The research labs are being consolidated into a building that is too small for the work at hand. This guarantees zero growth of research at West Point. They are cramming biologists into chemistry labs and they are spending as little money as possible on renovations. They are doing this fast and cheap, like you might do if you were flipping a house. What is the plan?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kind of obvious, isn't it?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who will be the buyer?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When you put people like Emma Parmee in charge of Chemistry, what would you expect?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turning it into north philly.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is very funny! Sad but funny.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Exactly- she and her boss and their lack of judgement about anything other than self preservation have ruined what was once one of the best med chem groups in the world. To call her a leader is an outright untruth- zero leadership qualities of any kind. She is a horrible person and a terrible leader who would sell her children to save her own ass. Despicable. And what does that say about losers like Rich Tillyer and Chris Hill who put her in place and losers like Rupert who continue to tolerate all of these incompetent, self serving assholes. Hopefully the end is coming shortly for all of them.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow...quite a fall from her bench days in Rahway. I thought she reported to Ann Weber.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are the moving the biologists to 78?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Both are out of their league.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope - her boss is the ultimate in incompetence , Chris Hill....not sure which one of them is the bigger idiot

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They both are losers.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No her boss is the ultimate idiot Chris Hill

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I still don't know what CH does.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having "no comment" is indeed a comment. And we used to go to the local pub with Emma. I guess 20 yrs makes a big difference!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is R&D done at WP? What are they working on. I was there over 10 years ago and it was without a doubt one of the best places I have ever worked. It's such a shame to hear what has become of the place. It was a great place to work.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doing experiments on people. How much mis-treatment can an employee endure before they quit?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can give this 10 year example to many more than the WP med chem group at Merck. It's more like 12-15 years ago for many other groups but put a name where I wrote 'group' and you could be talking about anywhere in the old Merck.

What a shame.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Used to be big R&D in vaccines, also infectious disease, antiviral, neuroscience, Med Chem. Vaccines basic research got slaughtered last year - 50% cuts. Vaccines bioprocess was mostly untouched. You are right, it USED to be a great place to do research and actually contribute to a viable project, e.g., Gardasil. Now, not so much.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, into former med chem labs in 14 vacated by laid-off chemists. They aren't even taking out all the fume hoods, just removing the sashes and calling them biology labs. Pathetic!