7 interviews later, no call back

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Sep 15, 2014 at 2:39 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am thinking that because Novartis has had issues in the past with discrimination in both hiring and firing, they don't send out rejection letters because they don't want to reject someone in any protected class.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You got played.
    Move on.
    Welcome to how corporate America really works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OP here, been in corporate for 10 years, didn't get played, just didn't expect no notification of not the candidate selected. Not crying a river, pointing out evidence that solidified my initial assessment of NVS as not my style.

However, I've been offered every job applied for, so maybe I just didn't realize at the final step you don't get a notification.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the OP, was this a rep or manager job?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This happens a lot. Maybe 7 interviews you are at least deserving of a phone call. I have been flown to interviews and know that I am one of 2 or 3. But I never got a call telling me a didn't get the job. Its really unbelievable that someone can't pick up a phone and let you know.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This does happen a lot now days. However, when you are interviewing with your current employer it's unacceptable to not follow up and provide feedback to the employee. Novartis is famous for always thinking there is better talent outside of the organization, and they fail to see the talent in front of them. As well, they do not provide feedback to employees if they interview for other role and do not get the job. This is not doing right by their current employees. I agree with many of the posters on this board that it speaks for how Novartis really thinks about their people as actions are louder than words. What I can tell you is that employees are NOT treated this way at other companies. This is Novartis culture and it stinks!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Give'em 5 months then I bet you'll get some generic email..this is for their protection (remember sales rule#1: what's in it for them?)..first they got to hire (obviously not you) the person, train them, get them into field, see if they make it past 3 months in the field..decide to really keep them..before notifying the other candidates..who by this time forgot they even interviewed..