Cosentyx

Discussion in 'Novartis' started by Anonymous, Oct 20, 2014 at 3:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

6 deaths
    29.3% infections
    18.6% URTIs
    3.55 Candida infections
    0.51% MACE
    6.54% CCV Related Events
    1.49% MALIGNANT TUMORS
    4.5% hypersensitivity
    1.37% NEUTROPENIA
    0.18% Crohns
    1.6%HERPES INFECTIONS
    12.2% of infections required antimicrobial treatment
    AUTOIMMUNITY
    IMMUNOGENICITY

Looks like that efficacy comes with a price

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you view the FDA briefing documents or read the NEJM manuscript the facts are that the incidence of adverse events are similar to etanercept. Both have a higher incidence of AEs than placebo. But the numbers you are quoting are absolute values and you need to consider that even placebo treatment (standard of care) results in AEs.

The advisory committee today voted unanimously that the efficacy benefits outweighed the safety risk.

I am not a Novartis homer defending the company but you should be familiar with facts and have dome perspective before you try to discredit what is clearly a very impressive outcome from an FDA advisory meeting. While the serelaxin FDA meeting was clearly an epic failure, today's result is a resounding victory.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First Celgene rejected me for a job selling their dog.

Now, you rejected me for selling this fungal growing half a biologic.

Let me tell you, I will not stand for it.

We have better managed care coverage than anyone, including Enbrel. We own skin. We are now beating Enbrel in joints. We own all GI indications.

I will crush you. You had a chance to hire the biologics pro and you passed.

I have crushed Celgene and I will crush you.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FU!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Additionally, what the angry little person fails to mention and/or accept, is the fact that patients who have diseases that compromise their immune system are at an increased risk for a wide variety of illnesses just because of their disorder.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone seen pricing information?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone seen a specialty pharmacy list for Cosentyx distribution?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard from our Trade guys that Accredo will not stock or distribute us. That sucks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enbrel is safer. Enbrel is the gold standard. This drug's safety profile is yet to be seen. This drug did not crush Enbrel.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

3rd line at best

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Consumer here. I have been looking into a biologic but am very hestitant mainly because of the adverse events and the price tag. My derm has told me I can try a sample of Enbrel if i so chose, and i was wondering if you know if I will be able to sample Secukinumab?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dear Consumer: Just a head's up, but this site is 99% despondent, burnt out reps that have nothing else to do but post mean, cruel things anonymously. I wouldn't spend much time on this site looking for valuable information. This is more for the entertainment of one rep telling another rep or manager to f#ck off etc.

A quick answer to your question, however, is no samples.

Good luck.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why would you want to inject yourself twice at separate sites to get a complete dose?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

because the 300mg is $75k

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hmmm…I don't know. But if that's the best you can do, I'm feeling good about the launch.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any one can launch and attempt to sell "crap"! Wide use and HCP/payer acceptance is a different matter.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Immune suppression, infections, and cancer; it's made by Novartis.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you will feel the wrath

first Celgene didn't hire me

then you didn't even call me back

i am a biologics pro! a pro!

you can't sell a biologic with cream reps who look good and know how to party

I will crush you. I will absolutely kill your product.

ask Celgene. I buried them.

before that, I buried Stelara.

Before that, I took Enbrel's leading share.

I will crush NVS. like a bug.

you should have hired a pro instead of a bunch of hot women

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let it go loser, let it go.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Again, you've got nothing on payer acceptance. This is going to be easier than I thought.