Ortho-McNeil Janssen MSL for Primary Care

Discussion in 'MSL Board' started by Anonymous, Dec 24, 2007 at 8:21 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anyone knows what is it like to work as an MSL for OMJ subsidiary of JNJ? Useful information would be appreciated...Thank you!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It must be a great place to work, as the turnover rate is way below the industry standard. They have a very tenured group of folks, although not all credentialed.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the role for an MSL in primary care? I've been an MSL for many years and don't really know if there is such a thing as a primary care KOL. I think not.. just a degreed sales job..

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. I interviewed with them, and it is very much a glorified sales job.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What drugs would you be working on?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Worked there as an MSL for four years. Pay and benefits were great but the job was very much a glorified sales job and management was very poor. It was the most stressful, unpleasant job I've ever had. I work for another company now as an MSL and the difference is like night and day.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with everything (except the pay....pay was the lowest in the industry). I worked for JNJ for a bit with this group and it was the most unfulfilling, demeaning job I've ever had. They wanted us to do cold-calls to retail pharmacists!! Leadership was clueless, and a complete lack of direction.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I've been here over 7 years, nothing much has changed. Just continues to get more grueling everyday, I just need to suck it up and get out.