Voluntary severance packages

Discussion in 'Shire' started by Anonymous, Aug 4, 2014 at 1:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wonder if we will get voluntary severance packages similar to when the company went through the "re-organization" few years ago

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doubtful. Cheaper and easier to can people.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why isn't anyone discussing this? Been with Shire 7 years, I've helped make Vyvanse what it is.. Maybe some are tired of the industry and just would like an option to get out & let others survive

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that the company is no longer "paying people to go away." I hope they offer it; I would take it for sure...over 14 years with Shire, I would take a couple of months to find something else and not worry about this phony job anymore.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's kinda like kissing your sister

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard just the opposite; they would be letting us know when they know if we may get potential buyouts if we don't want to go to new abbvie

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I prefer what you heard! Let's hope it's true!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If offered, take the money & run! You'll have a great excuse/reason when interviewing for your next when asked why you're no longer with shire.
    I recommend this to everyone that is tired of faking calls & RD ride alongs. There are more satisfying positions out there

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't fake calls nor do I care about Ride Alongs. I will take the money and run because what made Shire so special is forever gone. Abbvie, Perry and KK's vision of big pharma mentality and micromanaging makes me realize I don't want to be the kind of rep that can't focus on my business and changing the lives of patients.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Won't happen. Why waste money?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

More of a waste to transfer the sales force after layoffs and have those folks retained quit because they didn't really want to be a part of the new Abbvie. Now you have to backfill and retrain. Its costs 60K-100K each to train and hire 1 new employee. Much cheaper to retain your sales force. Ask Abbvie what happened after the Abbott/KOS merger. KOS people were not offered a buyout and many that were not laid off, quit within 90 days. Very costly and ended up being the worst thing for moral overall. Have faith in the people at top (or bottom however you look at it) they have been through this many times and will do the right thing for all.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, Right! They will do what's best for themselves and worry about us afterward. I like your idealism and naivete! You have the right perspective in part, but they want people to leave on their own. That's the game and it is always a part of the takeover/merger master plan. Morale? Whose? Those that remained were very happy they kept their jobs. Territories were simply enlarged, and with the access today, no big change in profits. Getting rid of 1 100k rep makes room for 2 50 k reps. Training is a wash. Paying 2 trainers 100k to do nothing? They have to earn their keep, too. We are pawns and we are here to protect the kings and queens.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I appreciate your naivete. The fact remains it costs 3x as much to interview, hire and train a new employee than it does to retain an employee. These are not my facts these are national facts that I am sure you can research. Abbvie pays its sales force considerable well, none will be in the 50K entry level range. In fact, Shire was behind the pay curb nationally which is why they increased salary. Shire pays considerably more in bonus so expect to see that change with Abbvie, if anything.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whatever the research shows means very little when a merger/takeover takes place.
    First, there is no such thing as merger, just a nice term vs. takeover. You can use all the logical, factual info you can find, and it won't apply to who stays and who is dumped.

Headcount will be determined in a way that will make no sense, top people will be terminated and bottom people retained....for awhile. 6 mos to a year later, more will go based on the same
    "business" principles. That's how they fool you into working 24/7.....FEAR!
    You must realize all pharma jobs are in jeopardy. Ask anyone who has been thru the process and they will tell you exactly what I am telling you.

Hopefully we'll all retire with Abbie....but always be looking over your shoulder for the grim reaper.