Diatherix Labs

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Dec 8, 2009 at 9:05 PM.

Tags: Edit
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey Fools are'nt we on your radar? We are out performing you in many areas of the country and are ready to take over! You don't have a Tem-PCR test and cannot compete! Oh, nice H1N1 turnaround. Your customer service levels are superior?! You can't even detect coinfecitons nor can you give antibiotic resistance with next day results. What gives? Guess I'll have to wait 4-5 days for your answer cuz that's how long you get back to your docs...and odn't forget about the hospital market, we're invading that space too!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got a call from a recruiter working for Diatherix. Can you give me any info: Do reps stay? What are guys making? Hows management? Thanks in advance for any info.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that's funny.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

since they are all independent reps, wouldn't it be a good idea for us to pick up their line? it's pretty easy work and the docs love it from what I've heard.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so... whats the new story with Diatherix? Some interesting things are going down....

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I can shed just a little light...I don't know much as I didn't work for them very long...

Diatherix contracted with another company (DNA - Diagnostix National Alliance...or something like that) for their sales force (though there were/are not many of them)...then Geneosis contracted with DNA to provide some more sales muscle. The contract between DNA and Gene has expired and ended. It looked like Gene wanted to go direct with Diatherix to get out from having a middle man so to speak... my understanding was that DNA's contract with Diatherix would expire soon too and thus Geneosis would be able to do that.

At this point it does not look like the Diatherix - Geneosis thing is going to happen which is unfortunate as the Gene guys were/are very dedicated to Diatherix and the technology.

I am not sure if DNA is going to keep providing sales calls for Diatherix or not, but I really enjoyed the gig and was just really getting rolling in territory with offices...hope it works out that I am selling the Diatherix services again soon via any sales team.

Oh, it was 100% commission and no benefits...5% on each sale...2.5% up front 2.5% after payment from insurer or client/patient.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

good post... and thanks. i worked for them for about 7 months and was kickin ass... just wanted to see what other people thought.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Guys, these guys at Diatherix are turn and burn type of guys. They hire you for your contacts and then fire you after a couple of months of getting your docs on board so they don't have to pay you any furthur. They just let 4 guys go after 3 months with no warning and have a history of doing the same thing over and over again. Stay away from this small time operation.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard that Diatherix is beginning to expand the sales force. Does anyone have any insight into the company that is post 2010.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why do you care since you would not make it there either.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Now that is funny! How do you even know that poster or their qualifications. Are you having a bad day. LMAO. Take a "chill pill" and go out with your significant other.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Heard the same thing. I spoke to one of their reps who loves working for them..has been with the company for almost 2 years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Diatherix is contracted with Quest Oklahoma. Heard the reimbursement is shitty at best.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

looks like they are going to hire a few reps...are they going to bring people in higher than a 60k base, glad im in research and not sales

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No everyone comes in at 60k. Just wondering what bonus really looks like for most reps.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only 60k base? Is there a big bonus/commission potential? I would think this would pay like a specialty pharma gig?

On another note, do you think they are here to stay, or will they sell out to Quest or the like sometime soon? Thanks for any insight.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Diatherix ship appears to be sinking rapidly.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Unfortunately its not funny, the "new quest" has destroyed any chance of success, our services are so bad I won't even go to one of our psc, leadership is nonexistent, moral is so low its beyond repair. I never thought I would even consider working for lab corp but now, its a viable option, they pay better, they have qualified leadership and they are kicking our asses so why not consider another lab to work for? Its your life it should have quality.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you can get a job with them for more pay then absolutely go work for them.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is the sad part people don't leave for money they leave for lack of job satisfaction and lack of leadership we have both so I agree if the competition is offering both venues then taken it everyone that has left quest has never regretted it,