Zimmer's answer to the Corail

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dont be a hater. Geez

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Doctor's HATE Stryker? Zimmer?......HATE?
    Do they say. 'I really f'ing hate Zimmer'.
    Really?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Best thread on Cafepharma at the moment....Stryker reps in their underwear on their HP/Best Buy computers slamming DePuy reps during working hours

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ASR.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

around my way Accolade IIs are called the Titanic because they sink

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last post is dead on, Accolade 2 is a pseudo-tumor pepper grinder

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great response. You mean the leaders that are no longer at Depuy and all at Stryker

David Floyd
    Paul Berman
    Micheal Rhea

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No they aren't and no they don't. Syk did a good job with design of accolade 2 and the bone morphology story behind it is compelling in a product line where there is very little in the way of differentiating between companies. Every company has a good hip system and every company has had blunders(durom/rejuvenate/asr). accolade 2 has been a winner for the Stryker folks. Stop acting like a child. It takes away from any credibility you might be looking for here.

The next stem I worry about is Fitmore. Some not-so-flattering biomechanical data being put together right now out at UC Davis. The most commonly revised stem in my area is ML Taper with Kinectiv, but that may have as much to do with the fact that it's the stem of choice for non fellowship trained orthopods who did their residency at a very large local teaching institution and are now a SportsMed or spine guy who does a couple hips every month or so....still, seeing a lot of trunnionosis in these cases. Pseudotumors and ALTRs have been popping up at consistent rate, when taken with the overall number of revisions associated with the stem in patients who presented with groin pain. I don't see too many guys changing until it gets reported on, or a thought leader changes up. My metro area is pretty static, in general. Zero volume Depuy docs switched, even after the ASR mess...same with Zimmer and Durom or Stryker and Rejuvenate.

All the best.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seeing the same thing with ML Taper Kinectiv and there are more than a handful of reported instances in the Maude database. Trilock, Accolade 2, ML Taper are the stems of choice in my area, with a handful of guys using Summit or Synergy. Haven't seen the new Securfit yet, but it's supposed to be nice, according to one of my docs, who has a couple of buddies from residency putting them in. Don't know of anyone using Fitmor or the new Corail knockoff from Zimmer. A few guys using Taperloc, and one guy still putting in W!, because of his relationship with the doc.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

SYK sold us that Accolade 1 was a great stem, until the numbers came out. Its too early to say Accolade 2 will work any better....need some good studies and more time !