Zimmer's answer to the Corail

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by Anonymous, Mar 7, 2013 at 10:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh no! Ze germans are coming! Got a collar on it? I'm more worried something else will be recalled than Zimmer taking my business. Good on ya Zimmer for copying another design.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a heavy volume surgeon in a major metro city. I did my fellowship in Philly and now work in one of the nation's most respected ortho practice. I can tell you for a fact, that the Depuy mess is starting to scare me. I trained on Zimmer, but my practice partners (E???) are huge Depuy consultants. We all have since switched to the Stryker Accolade II stem. Yes, all Mueller type stems are the same, but the Acc II is brilliant. Depuy is a mess.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Congratulations for not falling into the DePuy web. I'd say any product besides DePuy is a good choice. What are your thoughts around these leaders and how they handled the ASR recall. How do your partners feel about DePuy now?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

such my dick. you are not a surgeon posting on this site! put your practice name on the site if this is how you feel. yor post is a great attempt, dont be a hater, go eat a depuy philly cheesesteak bitch. What is "heavy" volume surgeon?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on your spelling you must be a DePuy sales rep. I'm not the one who posted as a surgeon but don't you think it's naive to think this site doesn't come up in conversations and that everyone from surgeons to patients read these postings? Its a great source of entertainment if nothing else. I've always said DePuys biggest enemies work within the walls of the Warsaw facility.

You're as full of fake cheese as a Philly cheese steak.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is the first important thing I've learned on the CP website - are you telling me Cheezwiz is fake??

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any product besides DePuy is a good choice. That is so amazingly ignorant I don't even know where to start. I won't list all of the other major orthopaedic companies recalls/failures we are all familiar with them. The list is long. It is the nature of the business

Lets look at some of the success at DePuy in terms of market longevity.

1)AML......pretty much revolutionized the way we think about fixation in hip replacement

2)LCS knee......still going. Does anyone else have a total knee on the market that has been out 30+ years and is still providing excellent patient satisfaction

3)Trilock......still the original uncemented wedge stem in the US

4)Porocoat 30+ years of clinical success and still going stron

5)Marathon poly the original cross linked poly 10+ years in vivo outstanding clinical performance

I can go on but you get the point. Most companies have good and successful products to make a statement like "I'd say any product besides DePuy is a good choice" is just beyond ignorant. I wish I had more competitors like you in my territory.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

First off ass hole, I'm not a competitor. Second, what does hiding critical product information, not recalling a product for almost a year after finding out it was FLAWED, ignoring an array of internal employees warnings, encouraging sales reps to be ruthless in selling this flawed product and with holding information from surgeons that would have prevented thousands of innocent patients from being harmed (let's not forget this important fact) have to do with AML and LCS? Now these are just a few details I've learned from following the news. Possibly they are ALL false. Those products were developed and marketed by teams that no longer exists. Where's Rick Keeven these days? On permanent dissability after J&J came to town and drove him off the deep end. It's a trust issue fat head. Once people's lives have been harmed because of a companies poor and greedy decisions its only logical to go where there's trust. Let's face it, there are a lot of companies with at least equal products and with managent that surgeons still trust. Your little array of products you listed can all be replaced with like products provided by other companies. Yes, recalls are a part of every companies reality. What sets the other companies apart is how those recalls were handled. I can see in typical DePuy style you just want to ignore that critical little detail. I think another poster said it quite well, delusional. How often do you open up the news and see the other companies making the headlines because of one of their products that have allowed a patient to be awarded $8.3 M? If this recall would have been handled like your competitors do do you think Mr. Kransky would have gotten this type if money? Doubtful.

You are pathetic and pretty stupid actually.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok I'll play...
    1) revolutionizes is a strong term, and not many people outside of Engh fellows are putting In AML's anymore
    2) Natural Knee? Only reason we are seeing a slight spike in LCS sales is bc people realize all the short comings w Sigma
    3) yep, ur right by 1 yr and given that story I wouldnt put a lot of stock in it
    4) definitely give you that one, but again if you know the story it was by luck. The phd sold 2 ideas, unfortunately Howmedica chose wrong (PCA). Same guy
    5)the original? The whole poly story can be spun by almost every company

Not saying DePuy hasn't been a viable player, but let's not go overboard

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't think I went overboard. AML is not as popular now because stems have evolved but at the time......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am the surgeon who posted here previously; Yes you are correct. Depuy has come out with innovative implants in the past. I am not disputing that. However, moving forward, can I trust you? If you knocked over my grandmother and then lied about it, why would I ask you to babysit my children. As to the list you made below; please see my comments

1)AML......pretty much revolutionized the way we think about fixation in hip replacement
    - in practice with surgeon who helped develop this stem. great stem
    2)LCS knee......still going. Does anyone else have a total knee on the market that has been out 30+ years and is still providing excellent patient satisfaction
    - why come out with attune and sigma if everything is all good and LCS has no issues

3)Trilock......still the original uncemented wedge stem in the US
    - good stem

4)Porocoat 30+ years of clinical success and still going stron
    - good fixation but better stuff out there i.e zimmer, stryker

5)Marathon poly the original cross linked poly 10+ years in vivo outstanding clinical performance
    - why come out with new Vit E Poly for new system then if Marathon is so good.

don't you see what this looks like to your market you are selling to. what's the old saying: "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously the ASR was an unmitigated disaster I will not argue that. I have the utmost empathy for the patients and physicians who are dealing with it. As a salesperson I have had to live with it as well.

My point initially was in response to a posting that basically said DePuy never had and does not have any good products. If you feel you can not trust your rep and or the company you are obviously free to pick another product.......but lets not forget

Squeaking hips, modular neck stems, oil in acetabular cups, poly II, the PCA hip and knee, etc etc etc

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

throwing stones again. all these are symptoms of depuy implants as well

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the first stone had already been thrown. All of those are not symptoms of DePuy implants sorry. The facts do not support that assertion.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why dont you depuy reps post something positive that your company has done or developed in the last 4 years on this site? Something that helps patients and is proven, you dont have anything. The only thing on the Depuy Ortho thread is "defense" to everything. Keep drinking the Kool-aid.

How about our new zimmer stem? whatcha doin bout it?

You are the laughing stock of industry and will be as each day Depuy will be writing checks to ASR patients. They are going to pay for it by making you all direct or taking your commissions way DOWN

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Check those awesome Zimmer sales numbers......

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thats all you got? WEAK

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got whatever you need. Come up with a salient point and we can discuss it. Or if you prefer tell me where you live and we can handle it that way

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No company purposely designs implants that fail. Smart people in orthopaedic companies realize that early acknowledgement of early failures makes an orthopaedic company more trusted,over the long term. And, that long term is the lifetime of a surgeon.
    The ASR hip was shown by Australian surgeons as an early failure, and Depuy refused to acknowledge?
    Interesting, that this has been a historical trend at JnJ. It's almost like a Grisham novel.
    They denied any knowledge of poor performance with the Endurance stem, bad poly with the PFC knee, even the S-Rom of late. (a few examples)
    Again, the various companies have poor performing implants. However, why does JnJ compromise good patient outcomes by knowingly extend their stay on the market for surgeons to use ?
    Where is the TRUST ?