Merck layoff announcement

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes!

The warning sirens have been blaring for years!

The longer you hold on...the longer it is going to take you to find a "real" sales job.

Out of pharma...pharma "sales" is NOT viewed as sales!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

really?? I count 2,900

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong. CDs just don't have any tolerance for PFIZER reps cuz you're all idiots. Docs don't have time to google anything which is why they need us, but since the have to see 19 patients an hour now to pay for obamacare it may be harder to spend time with a rep.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GLad I am almost retired and am not bothered by all of this continuous nonsense.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeh great, you're part of the problem old man. It's your old school mentality and attitude that has killed our industry, and your big fat pensions and healthcare pkg that will screw PFE. Thanks.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HAHA!! That's funny.
    Take a look at management salaries and immediate as well as deferred benefits.
    But don't worry, you won't be soaking up any of that tremendous "retirement" wealth yourself.
    LOLOLOLOL

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You guys are always looking for the negative. Bunch of fuckin' grim reapers.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not really...more like historians.!!
    Pass the Kool Aide ?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dimwit, its the new school mentality of younger idioits who rose in the ranks before they were out of diapers that are running the show and our industry out of business.

Don't worry, PC will have a new drug to sell in 2014. That should save some in the ranks, but I bet known of you young smart terds even know about it. From another old man who knows a thing or two about the biz.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retirees don't have much of a healthcare package.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We did this to ourselves. We did this to the whole freakin' INDUSTRY! Stop blaming Obamacare or Docs or Ian. This mess was created by Steere, and helped along by McKinnell and Kindler. Ask anyone in leadership still left from the early 1990s. Except for Goober.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They expanded versus cutting. Either way, cuts needed to be made.

Pharma helped write Obamacare. Obamacare will help pharma. Pharma is now a democrat crony of Obama.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That means 2000 too many!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

TEVA slashing 5,000 jobs by 2014.

The hits just keep on comin'.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah, yes - Bill Steere, the man who hand-picked Hank McKinnell and Jeff Kindler over much better candidates. If anyone is responsible for the Pfizer train wreck of the last 10 years including the laying off of 100,000 people and the truly horrendous Pfizer culture it's Bill Steere. Too bad he'll never be held accountable.....

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current retirees have a much better healthcare package that we will get! Republicans are now intent on balancing the budget by reducing medicare and social security for future retirees. Since we all vote Republican every time I guess this screwing will be what we deserve. Think of it as natural selection...........

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Start saving today dumbass!!!!! Don't count on SS being a sig. source of income. Means testing and reduced % increases will allow this program to survive.

You tell me how we can continue to pay all these entitlements? How can MC continue to pay out more than it takes in? Increase taxes? How can SS pay all it's promises? Don't talk about the surplus SS has. In order to tap into that surplus the Govt. will need to come up with the money. We spent every dime on bullshit projects, give away's and foreign policy. What should we do, Increase taxes?

The more you increase taxes, the less I'll be able to save for my retirement, kid's education, and donations to worthy charities. When I can't save for retirement, should I expect the govt. to support me? When my kids have a poorly funded 529, should I expect the govt. to pay for them?

Can't you see things can't continue on this path? Changes MUST be made. Let's call it shared sacrifice...Beginning tomorrow you need to plan for your future. If you don't...think of your demise as natural selection...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I personally talked to Chuck Hill and he sited the number of 6000 reps in the US. All the posts are right...this is headed for smaller and smaller. With all the pressure and PFE jumping to the left. It is hard to see anything but a shrinking work force.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bye, bye, pneumocrap reps.