How much are your retiree health premiums?

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:51 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just wondering if we're all getting the same rates?? PPO option $615 for me and spouse

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you're getting off cheap. No, not same rates.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

costs will differ, based on legacy company and tenure

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Retiree and spouse (both on Medicare) with basic Medicare Carve Out plan - our premium is $457/month. (premium raised $50 for 2014) If we had chosen the Medicare Buy Up plan - the premium would be $575. The Prescription only coverage for both would be $317.

It seems no two people are charged the same. Premiums and coverages offered depend on legacy company. I am Pfizer Legacy.

Think we will have any insurance coverage effective 2015???? Not likely, as the Obamacare Employer Mandate will expire then and Pfizer (and other employers) are going to terminate insurance for retirees and probably employees too.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you looked at the Obama Care premiums to see how they, as well as coverages, compare to what we're being offered as retirees? I have not been able to get onto the sight successfully in order to check.
    So you think Pfizer will take away medical coverage for those of us who are already participating? Maybe take it away only from those who have never started with retiree health?? Who knows??

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't think so. Legacy plans were frozen a few years ago. All pension contributions are now Pfizer plans only. I would have to think the retiree medical would be the same for all. Possibly, rates are adjusted upward as we get older? That could explain the difference in rates from one retiree to another.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obamacare is not coverage for anyone Medicare eligible. Everything points to the fact that coverage for retirees from several major corporations will be dropped, effective 2015. I don't think the premiums for Pfizer retiree coverage is age related. Group rates apply.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I understand. I am not medicare eligible, and will not be for several years.

Has anyone seen what the ObamaCare premiums and coverages look like?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every state is different-some have state run exchanges, some federal.. Do not expect to get correct info here that pertains to you. Need to do your own homework on this. Good luck!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck as you search Healthcare.gov for medical coverage. Each individual will be quoted unique individualized monthly rates. The quote will also depend on the state of residence and whether you are in a rural or urban location. The monthly premium is not the only consideration, as you must make sure your doctors are listed as plan participants (hospitals and labs too) and that the deductible is affordable. I understand some deductibles are as high as $10,000. Really.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pfizer will keep the same insurance coverage for employees but it's very likely retirees will all be moved to the public healthcare exchanges. And that's very appropriate. Pfizer retirees are a group of people whose healthcare bills are mostly paid by the government and Pfizer but they (the retirees) have a shitty attitude about other people getting healthcare coverage. So let them fight for healthcare coverage like everyone in the real world instead of being pampered. Their bad attitude will change pretty quickly......

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If there's anyone who has a "bad attitude," it's you. Your respect for others who are older than you and have earned their retirement is nothing short of shameless. Somewhere along the way, you lost your respect for people. As you head into your retirement years, I hope this comes back to bite you in the ass. Oh, I forgot, you are one!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How tiring it must be. Some of the posters on Cafe Pharma are so negative and bitter and full of hate.

If lucky, current Pfizer employees will retain healthcare. If lucky, Pfizer retirees will retain quality healthcare. If Obama has his way, neither will happen. Everyone will be forced onto government healthcare programs.

To the haters on here. Be careful at whom you point fingers and curse. If you are very lucky, and I mean VERY lucky, you will be a retiree one day. However, you sound so angry, bitter and self-absorbed, it's doubtful you'll retain any job long enough to earn retirement benefits.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen!