Pfizer IS Mgmt loses US Wound Firm buyout - layoffs in 1 year

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Dec 1, 2012 at 7:44 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hello, from NYC. Taking in drinks with a fellow who works M&A banking for Pfizer and says Hospital lost its bidding sales proposal for Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for wound management, ulcers, chronic wounds and advanced burns using Collagenase Santyl ointment. $1 billion market for bioactive wound healing, the fastest-growing segment of the advanced wound-care sector.

Final sticking point was Pfizer legal would not approve the deal for IS due to CIA regulatory concerns of device vs. pharmaceutical products and tendency to overstate benefits relative to risks in that growing market segment.

Layoffs will be in 1-year as Prevnar 13 co-promote ends, about 40%.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Bummer!!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You really should be proud of yourself...spewing lies and trying to make people anxious. If this makes you feel good then you are one sick individual.
    Prevnar clinical data comes out in 2014 and the need for IS will be even greater tharevious years.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS division is totally safe for at least a year? That is actually GOOD news! I heard it was sooner!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1- IS co promote on Prevnar ends 12/31/2013,
    2- Even the director of Zyvox/Tygacil left the building to a smaller co.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS doesn't have a year- weeks maybe!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IS do promote goes well beyond 2014.
    Director of Zyvox/Tygacil was upgraded with talent.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh gosh you're really not paying attention are you

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is probably accurate. Been hearing whispers of a wound care product....but never knew the name. That's the second or third Product X that hasn't come. Our last conference call made no promises of any future of IS... Only that a team of people are working on finding opportunities to utilize IS beyond P13 and the exp of ZYV. At this point it would not surprise me if the call came next week, just like psych..
    OP thanks for posting.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just google Healthpoint Biotherapeutics and you will see Smith & Nephew just announced they are buying for 782 mil.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well it s no secret we are trying to find new products--right? Why is the OPs claim so outlandish?
    I'm proud that Geno, Liz & Kristen see value in this division and are working hard to get us some new damn products!!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Based on what? I've got to hear this BS should make a whole lot of nonsense. So explain this based on the fact that Pneu. vaccination is nurse driven, not doctor driven. Do you understand what that means. Doctors do not order the vaccine for their patients in the hosptial. Vaccination is done by protocol, given by nurses and monitored by case mgmt. Its done either on admitance or discharge depending on the hospital. Doctors don't get involved. Explain how IS will be needed greater than previous years. I can't wait.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, then it is very dissappointing. HBio is one of the wound care companies that the others are worried about. It has both topicals (the terminology that the above post was trying to say), as well as cadeaver skin in wound care. It is working on a single graft skin product in clinicals that could blow the competition away because they have multiple graft wound care products. Would have been a good gig. Leave it to Pfizer to destroy anything remotely positive.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your proud of what? The fact that nothing ever gets through legal. Does not matter who is trying to get new products if legal always puts the kabosh on it. The end result will be the same---this division will be gone.....forever.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like all the other divisions in the company...nobody is above or special when it comes to the chopping block.

Now only if Washington can do the same with entitlement programs?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah this development is really NOT good. I'd rather take the hit now, while I'm not a year older and before spending another year hearing this bullshit, and working my ass off to get all my accounts to get P13 on a protocol (that I can't talk about) for patients (that I can't talk about) with conditions (that I can't talk about), only go get what?

Not to mention tyga is heading down the drain and almost nobody is making their ZYV numbers. Why? Oh, I don't get me started..

It's time to JUMP THE FENCE!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yep.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does this honestly mean for us?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It means start seriously considering your next move.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Even if you get Prevnar on protocol, you still lose your job in 2013 due to field share agreement ends 12/31/2013. Those that remain will be eliminated 12/31/2014 ahead of early 2015 LOE on Zyvox.

Either way, despite any successes you get, the terminal end is near.