Significant cuts for all in field

Discussion in 'Pfizer' started by Anonymous, Oct 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Found through upper management that there will be cuts in field force. Especially pain divisions. Especially reps who are making 100k plus. They are targeted for their salaries and lets face it most are lazy fat cats working 12-2. The company isn't stupid and getting better making sure are sized right. Christmas targeted for layoffs as usual. So if you are nervous you should be!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wrong...so wrong. nice try though

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are in contact with upper management, you would know that it has been decided to hold off on Field Force "changes" until we proceed into 2014. You would KNOW that the new year MUST start out on a positive note and the FF must stay in tact to retain quality reps. The way they want to show this is by going thru a year with NO LAYOFFS at the holidays!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Believe anything but face reality. What flavor of kool-aide are we drinking today. This company could care less about its employees or being positive. Not even LL mgmt. will confirm whether layoffs will occurr. They are just guessing. Its amazing the stupidity of people. You must be what is called a self-rightious, self-serving, ego driven person (ie: definition of a liberal)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The jealousy of the unemployed "wanna-be's" that hang around this site is almost too much to imagine. You will NEVER be a tenured rep making over $100K. Get that through your head. You can be jealous if you want but why don't you go out and try finding a job? If I am riffed this year, at least I had what you will never have. Maybe your attitude has something to do with it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think there is an expectation the the minute you get a call saying that you have been downsized there will be a line of employers waiting to pay 100K. Get out now if you have something equivalent.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are also a significant number of us who know there is likely a >50-60% chance we will not be downsized. If the job is too scary or stressful for someone, they should wait and see what the next month or so brings and then prepare to get out. Lots of negativity here-the job is still a pretty good job.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do you figure that it is still good job? Just curious? Do you feel like what you do, going into offices each day bringing NO value is worthwhile? I know we have great benefits, but do you ever feel plain taken advantage of every year that we hear the same Quotes "No changes" and next thing you know, Happy New Year with a COLD BOOT!?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You need to get out.
    Yeah, I try to bring value and it gets harder every year but I do the best I can. I don't feel "taken advantage of" because I am paid for working my job. I have never gotten the "cold boot" and I'm guessing you haven't either but the job is what it is--larger than average reward for greater than average risk that it will not last. To me, the cost is worth the benefit. Sounds like for you it isn't and you need the guts to go.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are correct in saying that I did not get layed off. But I watched a good man, working an honest day, every day, get let go, when he was just 18 months to retirement. He still got a good package but he made the territory from his hard work and a 27 year old pink keeps his job and works 2 days a week if he is lucky. Now I am stuck with him and he is vulgar to ladies, hogs up conversation and is just a shame to see what we would rather pay for. They don't care so tell me, WHY SHOULD I?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18 months from retirement and let go...that is why this company sucks. I made it to my retirement but I remember sweating out the last five years with all the cuts. The one thing I can say about Wyeth is that they would make sure people who were close made it to their retirement age (55). I remember them keeping a person on the books for 5 months (even though they were letting him go) so he would hit it! This company is heartless so I totally agree with this post---- YOU SHOULDN'T CARE!!! Also-get out while you can. It's easier getting a new job when you have one. Don't let the severance package be your anchor to this hell hole. Unless you are close to retiring get out!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ELT knows that the effectiveness of the sales reps has gone down dramatically over the last 5-10 years, that is why there have been layoffs every year over the past several years. The pharmaceutical industry itself is still profitable, but the cost of maintaining a field force of reps calling on customers is not worth the return, whether they be PC, Specialty, IS, Oncology, etc. If your in your 50s with 20+ years, it's worth riding it out as long as you can. If younger than this or with less tenure, get out of this industry and find something else that can provide a more promising future.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So do you think we will push thru the holiday with no cuts this year?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here's a crazy idea. Since we haven't successfully launched a drug in years, let's just get out of the innovative side of the business. Just make generics, OTC and supplements. Huge business without the cost of research, regulation, insurance.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or reps!!!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great idea. In a few years I think we'll do just that. That new company will be no better than Teva or Ranbaxy. Lower margins, little growth, yawn....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Join the real world and have to work hard????? Never!!!!!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I guess "Upper Management" told u a lie based on our email from the ELT today?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

haahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (SIGH) baawwwaaaahhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What email?