What's the Story on Applied Medical?

Discussion in 'Applied Medical' started by Anonymous, Jul 24, 2008 at 9:51 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have heard from a fairly reliable source that it has to do with Said not wanting to sell the company and a certain bank who was involved with the initial investment wants their money. Read between the lines; Said is saying "FU" to those people. Similar to what he does to his employees

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have an engineering department that can't get the job done when comes to making an ESG that works.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I predict that a large number of reps will leave over the next 12 months. Applied just cannot compete with the comp plan of other companies. They dont care to compete. They dont care who leaves.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My girlfriend works here and they just changed the comp plan MID QUARTER on a major focus product. What does that tell you? sounds like they don't want the reps to be successful if you ask me. I work for a competitor of sorts and would fly this coop and tell my boss c ya l8r if they were pushing me to sell a certain product yet just changed the way we get paid on it. That's the dumbest shit ever

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for this piece of shit company years ago.....nothing has changed but the sales force. Applied has talked about the energy market way back when I worked there...)2007. Do they still require roommates at training? How's that clit applier working?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HERE IS THE TRUTH ABOUT APPLIED'S VOYANT ESG:

It is a piece of crap. It doesn't work.

Moreover, they filed for patents CLAIMING their ESG works on PHASE. IT DOES NOT. It works on RESISTANCE and a TIMER. IT VIOLATES COVIDIEN'S PATENT BLATANTLY.

If Applied EVER tries to put that thing on the market, COVIDIEN'S engineers will tear that thing apart, then figure out it violates their patents. THEN, COVIDIEN'S lawyers will have them in court and WIN!

It is over for APPLIED, they will NEVER get into the energy market.

I HOPE COVIDIEN'S legal team sees this!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am amazed that it has been years and Energy still isn't available. Talk about being late to the game. Why even play? Why not just go to an independent distributor model and save millions in training, salary, benefits, etc.? No need to shack up new hires for three weeks to role play how a trocar and other commodities work.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, didnt even know our energy device has a name. This is the first I am even hearing it had been available. How do u have this intel oh wise one?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Doctor, did you know that we use really sharp super special top secret Applied Medical steel in our scissors that only a select few engineers know the recipe to make it? That way you know you are always getting a sharp blade! Not only that, but there is a 360 degree rotating knob on the top for cautery so there is no arking. Isn't that important to you?"

Doctor: "what the fuck are you talking about?"

"I have this trocar that will transform the way you do lap choles. Let me talk to you about our double duck bill seal and fios separator tip!"

Doctor: "go away, you're making me stupider by the minute and compromising my ability to perform surgery"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL. Good job summarizing the hell we live in daily.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go to R104. Look in the lab, you will see it. It looks like it would be obsolete even if it were released 20 years ago. It is black and looks primitive. It looks like it belongs in a mechanics shop and not in the OR.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Damn you're good! How did you find this out when the device isn't even out yet? Applied is good at copying other people's patents aren't they?!?!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

+1

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing company with great leadership and a wonderful, solid and fun culture. Innovative products and product design. Fantastic people to work with as well.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

after reading pg. 19, it will be a pleasure taking business from this company. It's been a long time coming. The flood gates will begin to open and I anticipate Applied Medical losing 15-20% of their market share over the next 3 years:

"we believe the carve-out requirement of the class action settlement agreement will expire in October 2015."

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/filing.ashx?filingid=8678537

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

ive never heard of Applied Medical in my life but saw the numerous replies under this company and had to see what all the fuss is about. I've spent the past hour perusing the threads under your company and after looking up your company on the Internet, I'm laughing hysterically. I would prefer not to compare, but i have spent the past 5 years with one of the big four Ortho companies and holy shit you guys are a joke. You sell instruments a 5th grade girl could use for crying out loud!!!!!! No wonder there is so much turmoil at your company. Honestly, if I were a senior manager at your company, I'd hack 40% of your sales forces because your reps arent needed/wanted and I believe most of your company products are all GPO driven so there isn't much "selling" going on for Christs sake. But what do I know?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So your research and opinion of Applied was based on threads on an anonymous message board? Way to dig deep.

Ya, what do you know.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Former Applied rep here. He/she is spot on. And so are the rest of these boards.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Current Applied rep here. He/she is shortsighted and along with a couple of other disgruntled reps, are the ones posting.