What is defamation, libel and slander?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Posting, Sep 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Posting

Posting Guest

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is funny and so typical for the back stabbing brown nosers of PPS management. Scare them so they wont tell the truth about how bad certain people are. LOL

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry you read it that way. The purpose was to get people to think before they post. There are some nasty comments being thrown out that can get people in trouble. That's it. As for any issues, it doesn't seem that posting them on here is getting anything done. It just makes us ALL look really bad. Management for not listening, and us for not raising issues.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I completely agree with this. Sounds like there will be a new way to share wins and misses with JT and it could be a good chance for a fresh start.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Though I agree with the statement about slander/libel/etc....sorry but many, many, many times issues have been brought forth. Followed the standard procedure of going to my immediate manager, then to their boss, and even to HR and to the CEO. This was my own personal journey, so I am not saying everyone did that. I never saw resolve, never had any follow up, and the same issues consistently popped up. These weren't petty, little "she called me a name" issues either. Major ones about management decisions, lies being told, processes not being followed, and professionally asking the CEO to make a decision on a certain item. He never did, even after I followed up with him twice. I simply gave us since I don't want to be known as "that complainer person" so I sit and watch now. I'm sure most of the people posting on here are simply disgruntled ex-employees that want to spew hate and vile, but I am not one of them. Simply a concerned, but frustrated employee who sees a once great leadership team, a once great company, slowly dying a painful death.

6. Scott H

Scott H Guest

New CEO in town, new Compliance Officer in town. Send something their way and you may be surprised. They are actively soliciting feedback since they know those in the trenches have the best idea of what is happening

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If your grievance is legitimate, then bring it up again. Don't sit on the fence. New leaders have new ideas. Gotta give them a chance. Let's fix this company.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I normally just come on here from time to time to read the post, but when I read this one I HAD to post. This post is so true. I spent a number of years helping to build the business. It is sickening to see this company in the shape it is in. I know they are trying to turn things around, but you have a few more "management" people to boot before you can do it. The Management people who are the reason I left are still there. I also notified "corporate" about the wrong doing/Illegal activity I had seen. I had PCC'S tell me they had told their "regional manager" what they were doing and he approved as long as it got setups. I was told each time, keep quiet, I will take care of this. After watching the people who performed the illegal/immoral activity continue to be promoted, I finally threw in the towel. Enough is enough. People keep saying, well why didn't/Don't you report this. Well, after doing so many, MANY times and seeing people rewarded for their unethical practices, you either ignore it and go on (like the previous poster) , or you leave (like I did). Until the company comes together as a TEAM, it will not survive. Let go of the Egos. It will take every single person working together to make it happen, and until the people who have lied and cheated their way up are gone, THAT cant happen.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are many posts on this site that definitely lend itself to slander/libel/etc. Right, wrong or indifferent good and bad people are thrown under the bus on the regular. Some of it is true but a good majority is ridiculously false. This post is a shame - not on the poster but on whoever they went to around procedures that weren't being followed and alerted to management, etc. with no outcome or consequences. Many of us have given up because we are viewed as complainers. I would suggest this person try again and take it straight to the top.