Slaughtering Oph

Discussion in 'Orapharma' started by Anonymous, Aug 22, 2014 at 9:50 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, more heads roll. This use to be a desired place to work. Please save the, "if you don't like it, you can leave" comments. I'm just venting cause of the loss of many great sales people.

Sembler left the store to Coggin, who is disliked by most of the RM's. The RM's are idiots who take no responsibility and hang their AM's. When sh*t doesn't go as planned because the plan is designed by Coggin and supported by his idiot RM's, heads roll. Is anyone at Valeant peeking behind the curtain into the Coggin/Sembler play room? They're in there with their palms in the air and shoulders shrugged saying, "I don't know what to do. Let's just ride this out."

My wish is that at some point, Valeant Execs start at the top and make changes. My fear is that we will lose many more great people before it happens.

Arestin is fabulous but over priced and RX is not fair to territories with little coverage.
    EZ White is way over priced, late to the market, not quick and easy, and mismanaged since day 1!
    Onset is another Dog. I sold 1 pen in 4 months and the account hates it.
    Xerese? Is this Dental? Very cheesy to comp us on filled RX and not written RX.

Product training all around stinks. The Trainers are just as lost as the AM's.

I'll keep expensing my pizza parties to show activity and collect my pay. Hopefully I'll be around when Valeant douches the management team from the top down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow. I feel your pain, but I'm not as harsh on the product mix as you. I've only sold 3 Onset pens, but saying its a dog is wrong, IMO. I'm just getting to the point now where I'm confident to talk about it at length, which is why I'm starting to move some business. Training sucked, but I'm past that. The price increases with Arestin are ridiculous, but I'm not complaining with the Rx change. I hate selling EZ period.
    It seems like the expansion team is getting alot of the applause lately, but its easy to grow when you had no one covering the area before. Changes are coming to the salesforce - but lets hope it comes to some in management too.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I like Onset as well. The expansion team is getting the back pats because it's Matt and the Manager's attempt to motivate the rest of us. I also agree that more changes are coming but they are at the cost of us leaving and expansion reps being made full timers.

I won't disclose how long i've been here but it's a company that I wanted to work for well before I arrived. To see it in the frail state that it's in and to hear from reps around the US from the inside is jaw-dropping. I get the sense that the management team is a band of fools. I know my Manager is.

My #1 problem is the cost of Arestin. #2 is my Manager. I like EZ and Onset. Xerese has to go!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Products aren't the problem. It is difficult to have mutlitple conversations around each one in a normal 1 hr lunch setting. This creates unbalanced selling.

Poor leadership creates confusion:

This market is great. The products are really great. But too many AM's are confused by upper management's (Matt & Steve's) comp plan and goaling. Steve Sembler cannot explain goal methodology (that is a REAL problem).

We need solid leadership from the top. My manger is not the problem. She/He is being forced to react vs. coach and train with resources that do not exist.

Valeant's lack of investment with it's investments will cripple most of the organizations they decide to purchase. Orapharma being one of them.

AM's are given such an easy opportunity to make excuses becuase the organization has made it so difficult to be successful.

Name one AM that has balanced their portfolio across the board...It cant be done.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Xerese? Is this Dental? Very cheesy to comp us on filled RX and not written RX"

FYI. Every company in the world that pays a rep for a script pays for a filled script vs. a written one. Why would a company pay you for a script that hasnt produced revenue? Are you just dumb? Must be from Texas.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you been drug tested? "AM's are given such an easy opportunity to make excuses becuase the organization has made it so difficult to be successful?" My manager doesn't see it this way at all. He/She is in lock step with Coggin. To think that we have easy excuses for failing to meet the outlandish goals across the board is delusional! You must be from NY, NJ, or NE. 3 of the sleeziest-unrefined regions in the company.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

who has left? I did not get any announcements about firings.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The poster is agreeing with you. The company has screwed the sales force over. Excuses aren't a stretch by any means no matter what region you are in.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't announce firings moron

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Changes ARE needed in management. The expansion team is doing better because they have a supporting manager who knows they were the underdogs going in so they are not being micromanaged and beat down. They are being applauded for any step in the right direction. It is called positive reinforcement, and it works. Go take a leadership course or read a book sometime. Put down the dumbells. I know not every manager uses fear to lead. I talk to other managers in the country and think their reps have nothing to complain about. They just do their job. Period. When your manager is constantly threatening your livlihood and tearing you down it gets rough. It is no secrect teams with repeat success have support. Some just can't handle the job and are so opportunistic they will run everyone over only to wake up and find someone can do their job too.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'd like to see what the expansion team has actually done. All I hear is talk with no data. I think managment is manupulating the sales force again. This is the poorest managment team I've seen at Orapharma in years. If we have any hope of surviving as a company with these overpriced products, they need to fire managment. We need real leadership!!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good luck with that wish, you dried-up skank. The bullsh** that comes out of the mouth of many 'tenured' AMs is a joke. Can you sell Arestin? Yes, absolutely. Can you sell multiple products? Absolutely not.

The expansion team is getting the attention b/c they are growing business versus white space last year, period. We'll see what they do in 2015, but my guess is that whomever remains will fade into the background. With the exception of 1 or 2 Expansion AMs, the rest are useless, and the RMs that remain are useless too. Better to just get rid of the whole lot and start over.