Dulera

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by Anonymous, Jun 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if you feel this way the game is over for you and you need to go work somewhere else. Advair has been a terrific brand for GSK and it has study after study demonstrating it's effectiveness. The truth is there are still alot of people out there with COPD who are not being treated properly. It's a very large market and still has lots of potential. I'm so tired of hearing all the negativity. I'm not sure what you mean by no sampling Advair reps. We have plenty of samples out there to give our customers. I don't think we need to give all of our business away. However, if a patient needs Advair in our area we make sure that we give the provider samples, assess information and/or coupons to help patients afford it.

As far as GSK bleeding all pharma companies are going through a rough patch. There are a lot of people out there who would really like to jump at the chance to have your job. Why don't you go ahead and let someone else with a better attitude take your territory. This way you don't have to be so miserable anymore. Sounds like you are going to let Merck win anyway.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Too bad you will be forced to sell this dog (bow-wow) and I predict you won't have product in your hands until late Aug. Since this is just another me-too Advair poser your strategy is limited to "there's the customer... let's go get em"

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All we have to do is show the "ease of use data" comparing diskus to MDI (once it is again approved) and just like spreading pixie dust, our competition will just vanish. I would be shaking in my boots if I was the competition!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get your head out of ass. Do you really think you are going to replace an entrenched product like Advair with an untested "me too" based on "easy of use"?

Earth to Merck dude: Patients and doctors like the Advair delivery system.

Go to the Merck board and you will see the truth. Maybe you will get 5% share after one year. That means no bonus for you next spring.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The difference between MRK and GSK:

At MRK, this new product is just one of 9 products in the respiratory bag. Just gravy for them. So the comment about no bonus, is totally wrong. No pressure to succeed, just extra gravy on the bonus next year if docs write a few scripts. Good place to be.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Advair will not lose that much market share to to Dulera, but it will lose some and it will definitely LOSE VOLUME, due to increased samples and the market share loss.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Um, why does Symbicort have 30% of market? 30% is a lot and it is increasing. Now we have another competitor. You think it is just going to eat into the AZ share? Wake up...

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So save the banter on who works better, the bottom line is price will drive this market and whoever is aggressive will win. GSK is bleeding to death so don't expect the purple passion to save you anymore.

Let's be honest most doctors are also fed up with the no samplin advair reps. They are sick of the arrogance around gsk and respiratory. The tables are turning and it's not a good place to be if you sell advair.[/QUOTE]

Price is definitely what will drive the market. When the monthly price of drugs is most of your income, you ask your doctor for the cheapest drug that will help - even if it is not necessarily the best drug for your COPD or asthma. Or you do without completely. Hopefully, the drug companies will come to realize this. Advertising may help but cost is still # 1.

9. Why can't you stop talkin all this mess about Advair? I used advair for years and I never had a problem with it. Im not switching over to Dulera, first of all I heard that bad boy is $200 and my insurance will not cover any part of it. Merck is makin a killing... oh my god, $200?!! you kiddin me?? -- what the hell man ... I wanna move to Canada. Maybe the cold air will help my lungs. God help us.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ease of use data doesn't matter to managed care or state medicaid formularies. Dulera has already been added to MN Medicaid and Advair is off.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Am I going to win the lottery anytime soon?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is a post from 2010, dude.