Rep Trax

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by SteveR, Aug 29, 2008 at 7:28 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. SteveR

SteveR Guest

I recently became aware of this company that tracks rep visit at various hopitals. Can anyone tell me more about this company? Do people actually pay money for the "Premium" membership. How did they get so much power and how can reps revolt against it?

2. Wonka

Wonka Active Member

Rep Trax is just one of the credentialing services. This is a big issue in surgical community right now because there isn't one standard yet. So some hospitals may use RepTrax and other hospitals may use a different system and you get hit with fees from each one.

Yeah, you have to pay for them to get access to the O.R.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Reptrax and their customers can go vigorously F themselves. Reptrax was founded by a rep so that once all the hospitals were on board he could go sell memberships to the vendors -- that way they could see where their reps were at all times. Instant daily call logs. As far as the hospital customers go, if they are accepting Medicare payment then they cannot keep a rep out of the OR based on the grounds that the rep is delivering technology used in patient care. So F Reptrax and F their hospitals.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are so very wrong about they fact that they can't keep you out. As a matter of fact, it is because they accept government reimbursement that they have to have plans like credentialing in place. It is a good thing this in anonymous so that everyone can't tell who the total r***** is.

P.S. That would be you, if you could not tell!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This Rep Trax is one of the dumbest things i've ever encountered on my 10 years of service with my company. Noone needs to know my personal information like phone and email. Went to a hospital the other night to do a service for them. It took me longer to get "checked in" then it did to do my service. I gave false info just so the stupid "check in" lady would shut up. I find it absolutly stupid that i should have to sign in to some web-based system to do a service in a local hospital. I was fine with signing a sheet saying i was here on such and such day but never will i use that system again.

Why would RepTrax need my email? most of you would say "to get your lost password" right? WRONG!! on so many levels!!!! They need the email so they can send you the spam "medicine" ads from the hospital. Since the medical facility gets kick backs from all "meds" they use. Why not hit each and every vendor/service person with a spam or 10?

Think about it for a minute...... Rep Trax! Here's what i think, Rep Go F Yourself!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This credentialing thing is a joke! I had one hospital require reps/vendors to "apply" for credentials in the same manner a physician would. It required a $250 "processing fee" along with ALL transcripts and documentation all the way back to high school. Total BS! First off, your company is liable for your actions. They have already done their homework/background checks on you. If they put their name on you then that should be it. All of this crap comes from all of those "suits" and JACHO types wondering around the hospitals trying to look important. These people make up policies and procedures for the real workers (docs, nurses, techs, reps, etc) to trip over all day long.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Whoever said the OP is clueless is right. Exactly WHAT are you trying to "Ask the Webmaster"?? Do you think Sarah can help you revolt against Rep Trax?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would encourage everyone to voice their opinion on this racket. Write a letter to congress and refuse to sign up. This only drives up the cost of healthcare and creates a lot of smoke an mirrors for the leeches to get away with it. Once we are credentialed we should not have an annual fee charged to our credit cards. This is bribery to do business at the hospital which is against ethical standards and should be stopped.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Oh, for crying out loud get a clue all of you. These "vendor" services are just to make it more and more difficult for US to get access! I have to take TB and flu and tests and this and that while some POS PA pt and their twenty relatives can pile into the ICU and touch everything in sight. Right! I agree - these credentialing companies can fuck off. I walk in the back door dressed like a normal person instead of a monkey in a suit and no one bothers me or notices. It is just one more stab at trying to suck money out of pharma because our industry is perceived as a bunch of greedy shiftless liars.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Simple, tell them if you have to pay for the reptrax, it will go into the cost of your rental fee's. that's what i do. If your going to charge me to enter, I'm going to charge you to use my stuff.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True- walk in like you own the place. Forget the suit, walk past the front desk and ask questions once inside the hospital. Doing it for years.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, if you walk around like you are suppose to be there and know where you are going, not one person will question you. Don't wear a suit and if you walk down the wrong hallway, just walk with confidence and turn around because no one will really pay any attention to you.

14. F Reptrax

F Reptrax Guest

Another thing- when stuff breaks and the hospital begs for a loaner I am now charging them loaner fees where I once would have let them borrow it for free. AND I label it as a 'credentialing service recovery fee'. Don't like it? Cancel the case.
    I can be clever too.

Sincerely,
    F Reptrax
    F VencorClear
    F Vendormate

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would like to start a medical/pharma union to fight for our rights as sales representatives in the healthcare industry. Reptrax is simply being abused by the hospital staff to keep sales people out of their facilities. The management staff of each particular unit of the hospital has a budget and has found reptrax to be a handy tool to restrain trade! The staff members use reptrax to falsely report a sales person, knowing that rep will be punished or terminated. It is in know way being utilized as a third party fact finder to help facilitate credentialing for the hospital. What reptrax is doing, is essentially preventing sales representatives from doing their jobs. The reason for a sales person is to help the patients, doctors, and healthcare facility improve the patient outcome. I personally have been negatively affected by reptrax to the point where I hired an attorney to intervene. I am only asking for a fair shot at showing my product to the doctor and hospital. It is hard enough to gain market share selling anything, let alone having a third party agency police your efforts in making a living! Come on, what other industry has this to contend with? I doubt anyone can think of anything remotely close to reptrax. Let's fight this and get our rights back! Anyone interested please comment and I will personally start a private legal fund to start fighting reptrax with a class action suit. If you have been affected personally or financially you must respond now. Enough is enough!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have fifty hospital accounts and can barely keep up with the credentialing. Everyday I have two emails to send this or that to one of them or pay a fee or read a new policy. My company does not allow us (reps) to click an "accept" or "sign" button until OUR legal department reviews the material which can take months. No sooner is the document reviewed when the hospitals adds another NEW document and again, I am out of the system until I can "check the box".

Whoever said this is absurd and impossible is correct. I am spending days not just hours each week to be able to even see my accounts. I have dressed down when on a quick call and walked in without signing in. However, it is getting tougher as each hospital requires badges and Godforbid you get caught inside an OR/ER/Lab without an approved stamped sticker on your chest. Even more ridiculous is that if I "CHECKOUT" even 10 minutes passed the time I said I was going to be in the facility, I get a "ding" to my rating that is sent to my manager. So now I just click that I'm there for most of the day. The bad news is if you have to go to multiple accounts, the vendor tracking still thinks you're at the other hospital and you cannot sign in again. . . I cannot predict how long I will be anywhere!!!!WTF?

I don't know the history behind these companies and to the credit of some of them, there is ONLY ONE FEE per company, per year for ALL the reps. I understand if we are in procedure areas the need for us to be trained and/or credentialed and to have our shots up to date. I can get this through Healthstream and show my card to prove it. I don't need to pay an outside company!

However, to click off on 20 some policies per hospital per year that have to be reviewed by MY company has now gone past impossible. The red tape and legal nightmare might be laughable if it were not true. I can only think of all the wasted money and time on lawyers and administration thanks to these companies and their mess.

I do not have an answer but industry needs find a way to get them under control. . . I say follow the money trail and see where it leads. I would love to see some reporter investigate the origins of Reptrax or Vendormate or another and see who started it/them, why hospitals feel the need to participate and where the money goes from both the companies and the hospitals. Has this really resulted in better patient care, has it hurt it? What about the patient and the twenty family members and snotty kids in ICU touching everything? If I am needed urgently in a case, has checking in delayed some of the urgent care reps from patient interventions? Family members and even staff kids get in without a badge and can stay there all day. The kids can run around the floors with unwashed hands, maybe without any vaccinations, and perhaps sick. They don't have to sign in or check anything and they can stay all day for days on end. This makes absolutely no sense.

Come on, I really want a reporter from national news to look into these credentially services. They are taking millions of dollars from industry! What it really comes down to is do they help or hurt patient care? Are infection rates better because of them or any other performance measure? Do they really work or are they just more red tape preventing industry from having a relationship with the practitioners that ARE healthcare? I thought the FDA had plenty of rules for us to follow. All of this BS seems like overkill to take money away from more important initiatives - maybe even drug innovation and collaboration between practitioners and industry.

Someone should send this thread to national news. . . come on folks - add to it. Let's hear from surgery and device reps!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dispute

Has anyone had to dispute an event through Reptrax, after disputing it with the hospital? How did it go?

18. popeye5

popeye5 Guest

Has anyone dealt with the large vendor Henry Schein..I have been hearing that theyextort money from the banks they work with by forcing them to pay a commission on all equipment loans they process....a former rep of theirs claims they JAM deals to lenders on large project deals without telling the other banks the full disclosure of the deal..that appears to be criminal isn't it? Does this company not possess any integrity, this is killing these banks who soon find out they are going to be writing off millions of dollars because they "bought" loans from Schein never knowing that same dr was shopped to everybody else and got financing from everyone..talk about super broker fraud here...unreal....a medical rep informed us at our last meeting that Schein forces their lenders to pay them commissions on every deal and if a non-approved lender sends Schein a legitimate PO, Schein runs behind their backs, contacts the customer and forces them to switch funding sources or they wont ship the equipment...all so Schein can handcuff their lenders into paying them more commissions...do you think Schein shareholders will approve of this lack of corporate integrity when it finds out this is running rampant across the country..banks need to stand up and fight back as this is killing the banking industry, or at least anyone who touches a Schein loan....any other thoughts from medical reps out there?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with most of what you're saying. More recently the absurdity has been elevated to a new level when one of my Vendormate affiliated hospital wanted not only a criminal background check but also proof of college education. I would think that your employer is going to conduct this before they are prepared to pay you a salary, commission, company car, benefits, etc; Why would the hospital think that those credentialds need to be presented when your employer has already done the assignment. Where it is going next I have no idea.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, I sell devices and walk past these people all of the time, even in a suit. Lucky for me, the company I work for has said it is okay to dress casually now, that reps in suits are a thing of the past.

If you look past the people and act like you know where you are going you are fine. Do your homework so you know where you are going or just go the elevator and pick any floor. Then figure it out.