True Leadership, you are not

Discussion in 'Merz Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Jun 3, 2013 at 9:46 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To the folks at the top of the food chain on the MedDerm side:

Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results not attributes. ~Peter Drucker

First, you probably should check Wikipedia real quick because I'm sure you have no idea who Peter Drucker was. This stems from not only your incompetence but also your lack of higher level academic, b-school training (oh by the way, b-school is short for business school - just trying to help). Most professional marketers were well-trained in the marketing strategy literature and therefore no Drucker's work very well. You're not one of those people.

Second, Peter Drucker hit the nail on the head with this. The bad thing for the leadership team, especially Greg and Jim, is that you have neither results nor attributes. Working your way from run of the mill sales rep to a marketing department and now to where you are now simply reinforces the many stereotypes of the traditional pharma model, one that is moronic and proven ineffective.

Finally, just remember, what goes around comes around. You are nor have absolutely nothing special. You are inadequately trained for your role and ill-equipped to run a territory, much less a business unit. Your time will come soon and you will be riding the coat-tails of your cronies again.

Cliff notes to the story for Greg and Jim - you have no results, you have no attributes. You're time will come and your incompetence will shine bright for us all.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BOOM! Looks like you've been called out boys

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, instead, we all need a "big" degree like you from some weird foreign country. Sorry, jerk, but big pharm has produced a hit load of block buster drugs that have helped billions of patients. Pack your bags and hit the road if you think your shit don't stink. Sounds like YOU could benefit from some time in the field as a "lowly" rep, you hot air bag, you....

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And what blockbusters does Merz US currently have? Still thinking...?

Listen, I'm sorry you are having trouble articulating your thoughts and having to resort to sophomoric name calling. Yes - I do have "big" degrees (plural meaning more than 1) from large, US public universities. And yes, I have carried the bag. The difference is that I, like many business people, can see the big picture and understand the importance of strategic marketing vision. What's unfortunate is that in the US, ill-equipped marketers and upper management can be masked by pricing flexibility and opportunistic pricing environments. Case in point - Merz US and Naftin.

I'm more than happy to discuss and/or debate this and any other pharmaceutical related topic at any time. I'll leave by "big" degrees at home so that you and I are on a level playing field.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Current Med-Derm management has been weighted, it has been measured, and it has been found WANTING!! No vision, no 'simple' communication with the sales force, you have people wanting to do a job, but you guys are so out of it that its drifting down to the sales force. No one knows what expectations are anymore. Your directions are non existent!
    You may have great discussions among yourselves, but it is NOT flowing down to the sales force!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This applies to all divisions buddy.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's actually very sad.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree 100%.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We're still waiting Med Derm management. New coupon program, so far...., a big problem. Was not introduced to the sales force in a way that they could present it to our customers.
    The incoming calls continue, but what we should worry about is the calls not received. Just tag those as lost prescriptions.
    Communication skills with the sales force..., nonexistent.
    Managing through fear is no way to manage at all. When everyone is more concerned about being on your next round of PIPS vs making sales calls...YOU are LOSING!!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every Med Derm sales rep (and manager) should have a goal of getting out by the Arizona sales meeting. Can you possibly imagine sitting through all of the bs the 'leaders' will spew from the stage? Seeing as how Atlanta was the biggest joke of a meeting I've been to in 15 years in this business I am not looking forward to seeing these morons tell us how great things are. Things are great if you are one of Bill's ass kissers. I wanted to give Bill a chance but seeing the people he surrounds himself with (MM, JH, CS and GB) indicates the man is a scumbag with zero sense of assessing talented and capable BU heads.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am glad you like your own post. Hopefully it will make you feel better for getting passed over.