angiodynamics

Discussion in 'Boston Scientific' started by Anonymous, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have a colleague thinking about interviewing for a position with Angiodynamics. I thought who better to ask then their competition. does anyone have any insights or features and benefits of working for a small company such as AngioDynamics. And also how does their pay scale and carreer ladders match up with other device companies. My colleague is currently in large Pharma and doesnt know if its advantageous to exit pharmaceutical sales now and get into device sales, and if it is the right thing to do is a small company like Angio a good or bad choice out of the gate. Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for AD before coming to BSC. It's a great company for a close family feel. You're manager is usually the same guy you go drinking with on the weekends. They are big on relationships, you have to be with the products they have. Most of them are me too and if you can build the relationships, you'll get business. Comp wasn't bad, but not the best. You have to meet certain buckets before you can obtain a bonus. For example, they have a certain growth percentage for certain products before you can obtain a bonus. You get a car, expense account and decent salary, usually around $70k. When I was there the biggest territory sold about 3.5 million and took home about $500k in salary. There was a steep decline and the average rep can look at $175k. Coming out of pharma, this is a great step with lots of opportunity to move up the ladder. One draw back is huge territories usually half the state. Hope this helps.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

$70K base..Are you sure you worked at AD?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

someone is on crack rock if they said they had a base of $70k...I was there 5 years and BARELY made over $110 TOTAL, my base was $40k. This is a good company for relationships but BAD ON WHAT HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME LATELY!!!!

I enjoyed my time there, until i could no longer BEAT BARD contracts and sell ME TOO products. Plus after you blow it out no one can hold on to rankings for the next year.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm a pharma rep looking to get into device and got an interview here. I'm currently making around 75k salary with 25-35 bonus.

Is this a good place to start a device career?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow! You must have lit the world on fire bro...$110k total? They have bases between $60-$70k and top reps easily make over $200k.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Do you realize you are responding to a two year old quote? A lot can change with a company. In two years.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any news on this company? They are hiring.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody have any insight to the sales jobs at this company comp pay etc?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any updated news on this company? Hiring? Atmosphere?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have an interview coming up w this company does anyone have any updated info?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also have an interview coming up, wondering what this company is like.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company. Growth pains currently. Comp plan is being re-worked.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AngioDynamics is a great company with a promising future, and like any growing company, they have experienced some growing pains. But overall the company has a great company culture and solid reputation. AngioVac is a ground-breaking product that is in the forefront and is an exciting technology to sell.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

AngioVac is garbage
    If that's what excites u about the company I feel sorry for u

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If AngioVac were a "piece of garbage" it wouldn't be in most of the major hospitals in the US....
    Just saying....

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go ahead and list
    Not in any major hospitals that I cover douche bag

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love AngioDynamics PV division all the way up to the top!

AngioVac is doing a great job and docs love it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your kidding right? You must not call on any major hospital. It's one of the most exciting new procedures in vascular. Always draws a crowd when a case is posted.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AngioVac is doing great. Second generation is on the shelves and is much easier to operate. Always draws a crowd when a case is posted. PV comp plan was changed and reps are making some decent cash (not top company cash though). It's not a perfect plan but its way better than before. Upper management is still clueless as to what their sales force needs. So they hire some more upper management that doesn't understand anything except how to glad-hand Joe. We'll see how many sales reps bail in June after fy results are in.